Thread: Webley xocet

Webley xocet

Ok, your views please. Just picked up this little carbine in .22. its the Turkish made version and came with a nice stock( looks like walnut with nice grain) allso fitted with a webley silencer system. Its from a time when I was out of the sport so not know much about them. reminds me of my Vulcans in basic format. So good points, bad points. I only payed £120.00 for her so happy at moment.

Come on guys, some one here must have one and an opinion on them. Fitted a spare Whitetail Clssic 1-5x20 to her and if I can am having an hour at the club on Sat afternoon to set her up.

Xocet

I saw one just like you describe at the Phoenix at Bisley last weekend, that was VGC and up for £130. Is yours the XS model with the short barrel, no sights and fitted silencer?

The one I saw was Turkish made and looked to me to be a cracking little rifle. The Xocet was the replacement for the Excel, which was a replacement for the Victor.

Sorry I don't no more.

yes exactly as you describe, no sights and a silencer.

Its just that most here dont fancy the turk versions..
    ATB,
    yana

Exocet

Hiya Dave,
    I've just posted in the general section about one of these I am renovating for a mate. I know absolutely "jack" about them, as like you, they were introduced when I was elsewhere. Additionally, the condition this one came to me in; I would not have considered it safe to be testing it! The one thing that I did pick up on though is that it does seem to have that distinctive Webley pedigree. Wouldn't you agree? Going by the age and awful condition of this one I am as sure as I can be its an early gun.

It's still in bits at the moment- but I hope to give it a small "airing" before handing it back to the owner in due course.

Post back here how you go along with it?

ATB
    Dave

its a good gun, not been able to try more than 60 shoots due to time limitations but happy with her so far.

I know the new stingray is the same as the hatsan mod 60, I can't find any info about which gun this is based on-if any.

I've a mk1 stingray, good guns. Never held or shot the newer versions!