Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: venom now offer

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maryson
    Buy it then, no stock springer will ever come close
    ok im convinced, so what exactly do these kits provide extra over a standard venom kit?

rogo Guest
    It does state selected rifles only though.

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rogo
    It does state selected rifles only though.
    ???? will it do a hull cartridge UK new version .22 HW97K? if so, then im sold

It still won't be a full Lazaglide-tune.
    They make all parts TO FIT yr specific gun (most parts are oversized).
    And I guess they do some elbowwork as well (polishing?). Most of us can't do that the way they can.
    And like someone said before, no ALL parts are available in the DIY-kits and only for a small amount of guns.
    And they polish the trigger as well with a Lazaglide tune.
    And they are said to use many many different sort of lubricant during the tune...ect ect..
    Maybe they do this because it's too busy?

"Maybe they do this because it's too busy?"
    I think that may be it... I booked my 97 in 4 weeks ago, and when I rang on Monday they said it would be another 8-10 weeks... Missing it already.

Jay

Excypher Guest
    well im going to phone to see if a lazaglide kit is avalible for a new 97k, tomorrow hopefully, so we shall see (im doing it DIY because i dont think i can bear being away from it for that long)

I have been considering the Venom Tuning Kit for my BSA Goldstar and having seen the ad for the Lazaglide i must say i'm doubly interested.
    Although "hwtyger" makes some good points, this could still be viable as the is a cost saving and you don't have to be without your pride and joy for weeks. Think i'll be emailing them later.

Might be me, but i couldnt feel any difference between a Lazaglided 77 and a well fitted stage1 on a 97, infact the stage1 97 felt slightly nicer.

I had 98 SFS tuned which made it nicer than it was. I stripped it this weekend as it was doing 12.5 ftlbs. After removing a coil, soaking off all the SFS crap in petrol, and reassembling it with a light coating of Abbey LT2, the gun shoots MUCH better, an absolute joy to shoot.

Lazaglide = £160ish ?, my "tune" cost me an afternoon in the garage.

I have a choice of badges to stick on the cylinder, i dont think i'll bother though, would like others getting the credit for my tinkering

Martin

PS setting up the trigger is a different ball game, there are wiser folk out there for that !

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Might be me, but i couldnt feel any difference between a Lazaglided 77 and a well fitted stage1 on a 97, infact the stage1 97 felt slightly nicer.

I had 98 SFS tuned which made it nicer than it was. I stripped it this weekend as it was doing 12.5 ftlbs. After removing a coil, soaking off all the SFS crap in petrol, and reassembling it with a light coating of Abbey LT2, the gun shoots MUCH better, an absolute joy to shoot.

Lazaglide = £160ish ?, my "tune" cost me an afternoon in the garage.

I have a choice of badges to stick on the cylinder, i dont think i'll bother though, would like others getting the credit for my tinkering

Martin

PS setting up the trigger is a different ball game, there are wiser folk out there for that !

thats not a very fair comparison mate, they are two different guns, the 97 is the 'flagship' rifle really, gotta have better parts by default

Mark A Guest
    Hey Excypher any chance you could post on here any info you get from venom?, id be interested in finding out about the kit. My hw97 currently has a stage 1 fitted by venom, it shoots very smooth and is pretty quiet but compared to my Sidewinder there is no comparison the sidewinder wins hands down. II'l wait till i start losing power in the 97 before i even think about a lazaglide kit but its something to consider in the future, id better get a few hundred tins of pellets and start wearing this spring out .

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Excypher
    thats not a very fair comparison mate, they are two different guns, the 97 is the 'flagship' rifle really, gotta have better parts by default
    They are virtually the same action (if not identical !) The major differences are cosmetic. The Hw97 doesnt get ANY special internals by default. Plus i was talking about a lazaglided 77, which *should* be a million miles away from a standard stage1 97, but it simply wasnt.

All IMO, i definately wouldnt smack down £160 (or even £100 for "DIY") without trying a fair few in comparison to other well tweaked springers.

Martin.

Paul Hudson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Plus i was talking about a lazaglided 77, which *should* be a million miles away from a standard stage1 97, but it simply wasnt.
    Martin.
    It was a full-blown Venom Target Trophy, with bills for over £300 for additional work .

To be fair to the rifle, when Martin tried it, the stock was too short. This had the effect of making the rifle feel less "sorted" than the Stage 1 97K "home tune" in its standard stock.

However, the 97K is the one I kept and I sold the 77...

Paul.
    Last edited by Paul Hudson; 09-05-2005 at 08:08 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hudson
    To be fair to the rifle, when Martin tried it, the stock was too short. This had the effect of making the rifle feel less "sorted" than the Stage 1 97K "home tune" in its standard stock.
    The fact that gun fit overides the Venom "magic" surely speaks volumes, plus the 77 felt too long for me ! though i do have girly sized hands.

One thing i am convinced of now, SFS might seam a cheaper option when it comes to tuning, but having seen there "tune" on my own rifle (which in all fairness felt ****** good until i knew better !) Save yourself £40 and buy a tub of molygrease. (speaking for HW tunes, i know from experience BSA's etc are harder to get shooting sweet).

Martin.

Some guns benefit more from a tune than others; the HW97 allready is very good, maybe some twang but that's it.
    Also with AA, not much to tune there.
    But my FAC Tomahawk was a HUGE difference when it came back from Venom!
    Buy the way, you'd better call them, they never answer email.

Excypher Guest
    okay wlel i just phoned up venom, and asked what was included. heres a breakdown of what is involved

you get all the internals you do with a standard kit (new F1powr-loc spring and guides, washers, piston seal and lubricants) but you get an entire new compression tube and piston assembly. The compression tube has buttons on it so it "floats" in the action. the piston is wider at the tip and "floats" on rings inside the compression tube, and tapers out to a larger bottom

You need to send away your compression tube and piston and you get the shiny new ones back (the new compression tube is in black, the same colour as the gun), they have buttons and runners fitted, and the piston is replaced, the result is NO metal to metal contact WHATSOEVER within the entire action (impressive eh) the entire sending away and recieving should take about a week (which is a lot faster then the quoted 9 or 10 weeks for sending away the whole rifle!)

well i dont know about you lot, but if i can bear to be away from her for a week then im definately doing it! should go nicely with the new lazer cut stock version of the 97k im getting from BAR