Thread: Hello all.

Hello all.

Hello everyone. I new to the forums so i thought id take a moment to introduce myself. I am a relative newby to airguns having only just upgraded to my first pcp (FX Typhoon s/s). I would like to know how to get into field target or H.F.T. Is my rifle suitable for this purpose?

Evening.
    Get in contact with springfield ARC or MAD both relativly local to you.
    Springfield more FT but does a monthly HFT. MAD HFT crazy.
    Enjoy.

thanks, i will check out both clubs. i dont know which to go for f.t or h.f.t ill have to try both i suppose. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo81 View Post
    thanks, i will check out both clubs. i dont know which to go for f.t or h.f.t ill have to try both i suppose. cheers
    Hi Sammo and welcome. Another shout for MAD. I have some good mates in that club. Richard Woods is the man to speak to as he's shot FT and HFT to top level for a long time. I would suspect that initally, your rig would be suited to HFT more, better to start there and see if the FT bug bites. Don't forget that you'll need to budget 350 plus for a decent SH FT scope alone (big Nikko)
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo81 View Post
    Hello everyone. I new to the forums so i thought id take a moment to introduce myself. I am a relative newby to airguns having only just upgraded to my first pcp (FX Typhoon s/s). I would like to know how to get into field target or H.F.T. Is my rifle suitable for this purpose?
    Welcome. I'm new here too.
    Rifle: Theoben Rapid 7 MK2 FAC .22 Scope: Lightstream 4.5 - 14 x 44 FFP Mod: A&M Helix Lamp: Dereelight Night Master 800

At the moment i have a hawke pro map3 3-9x50 ao scope it came with the rifle but i will probably have to upgrade at some point. Any recommendations for a decent ft/hft scope. so i can keep an eye out for one. I am on a budget though (with 3 kids to feed and clothe) so keep this in mind. Thanks for all the advice.