Thread: air arms springers

air arms springers

can enyone tell me why air arms dont produce medium or light weight springers.Surely they could compete with hw95k/99s if they did,i would have thought they could come very good quality carbines

Not sure what you consider to be "medium weight"... but the Air Arms TX200 used to be a severe competitor to the HW97k. My HW97k was Lazaglided... and at the time, it was every bit as good as a tuned TX200... and the other way around as well (with the TX200 having a slight edge because trigger...). The HW77, the HW97k and the TX200 were considered to be the Dog's Whatsits in spring gun land.

None of them would be considered as "light-weight", though.

They sell enough TX's and re-tooling for another gun is probably not worth it.

secretagentmole Guest
    The TX200 is heavy to damp recoil! It is accurate, I had one that was happiest at about 10.56 foot pounds. It was hellishly accurate even able to hit teaspoon spinners at 45 metres! The Prosport feels lighter than the TX, tried one of those?

The prosport and TX are both around 4kg, similar to the HW97/77/80. With the prosport feelign lighter, that may just be due to the center of gravity being closer to the shooter. Presuming your calling a HW95 medium weight, they are still only just under 3.5kg.