Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying a HW95 already tuned, Sandwell field sports or Welsh willie

Thanks but that kind of work is more than I am capable of.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

new 35's are nice, stocks have got better also...that said the 50s that sgc can order is nice also

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Thanks BigToe.

Have a feeling, bearing in mind what you have said, that the HW35 might be a better option for me.

Tried the 95 twice (both new) in 177 and didn't like the firing manners. Just found them too light for the power they were putting out. Of course neither of them had been tuned. I did like the look and balance of them, though.

Another option would be to get an 80 and have it short stroked. Lot of extra weight though. What do you reckon?
    I agree with you totally. I have owned a genuine Banshee in .177 with a nice stock and it was really smooth and comfortable. The HW95 really doesn't get any better than this. However I could never tame the muzzle flip so could never achieve the accuracy I could with a HW80. I wish it were not so because the HW95 is such a neat package. I even tried one with a 98 shrouded barrel but although it tames the flip it makes the gun as heavy as a HW80 with normal K barrel so was a waste of effort. It seems that for my shooting style light carbine rigs just don't work however smooth the firing cycle actually is. For me the HW80 rules supreme in every calibre and at every power level. A true masterpiece but, as you say, it isn't small.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Yep,

Even with an 80 in standard format, and even though you're aware all the time of that big, fat thumping piston, I've always felt that the soft, lazy cycle and all-up weight helps.

When I used to do a lot of bunny hunting, more of them fell to my Mark 1 .22 with standard Venom tune than any of my other rifles.

Even with the standard bore and stroke they're a formidable rifle and not really THAT heavy unless you're very small.

Of course, they are much sweeter once Lazaglided/V-Glided/sleeved down or down- stroked, but the standard gun is still excellent and capable of fine accuracy. And it's virtually bomb-proof.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Cheers for all the feedback guys, I've finally bitten the Bullet(pellet) and bought an almost new SFS tuned .22 HW95 off of butch on here, Just waiting for my new toy to arrive.!!!

Very best of luck with it

Long may it serve !