Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition - Summer 2013 Results and Leaderboard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would like to run this competition again, but am not a fan of back to back competitions, preferring a bit of a rest in between.

As such, I suggest it starts again in March 2014, which should give some good weather/light nights in which to have a go.

The next question is, should a restriction be placed on the type of pistol being used? Spring only, etc?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

March would be lovely. Give everyone a chance to relax and shoot for fun, not to a deadline. I'm sure you'd like a break too from all your score crunching and email communicating!

As to Spring or pneumatic power, maybe limiting it to spring only would add a certain vintage frisson to the proceedings. I may be biased though, as I have several spring pistols and only one SSP (Compact).

But how about opening it up to .22 pistols as well? My Dad's Webley Senior has been shooting quite well lately. Despite over ten years in the cupboard doing nowt!

Whatever you decide, count me in. You need the lower scoring players to make the winners look even better after all.

I am open to suggestion on the next format, so it's up to the potential competitors to say what they want.

It is always difficult to run several categories of the same competition at the same time; some will have quite a few competitors and some just a couple.

Spring only would be a good idea, with a minus handicap, perhaps, for .22 as the larger calibre will increase the chance of a higher score.

If anybody fancies shooting a few cards in both calibres to see the score difference then that would be helpful. We'll certainly have a go ourselves to see what we can come up with.

I'll be posting the shoes in the next day or so, as I need to speak the laptop up.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Different calibres

I'm all for different calibres it would enable me to use 3 more pistols!
    It may persuade people like me to "have a go" with Scorpions,240 magnums
    HW's and of course Webleys.The results could be "very interesting".
    Merry Christmas and many thanks to the MPL organisers
    Glyn(Bluesman)