Thread: Diana 470 target hunter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Diana 470 target hunter

Any one bought or had the use of a Diana 470 target hunter

I have a 440TH, basically same gun shorter barrel and under lever

what would you like to know?

Hi Tony, How does it compare with the TX or pro-sport?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

You cant really compare the 470 with a PS

There are not many you can compare it with
    I have posted this before but you might not have seen it.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/18447...ults+-+Update-

Now...you need to remember the 470 has a longer barrel and under lever.

I have tuned 3 of these, 2 are 440TH's and one is a 430 in sporter stock..all are .177

At stock they are hard to cock, i would think the 470 is easier due to longer under lever

The LOP is a little long for me on the 440TH, ther stock is designed to have an adjustable pad and this adds around 1 inch to much LOP, the 430 sporter is perfect

In out the box condition they have 84mm stroke and a 300g piston, Diana throttle the power down using a transfer port restrictor (same as the 52's etc) the shot cycle is not bad but not good either.

The 3 I have here are all tuned, 2 have 25mm piston conversions, the 3rd has a 28mm piston however its massively modified.

If you go with the 470 check the LOP before you buy it, the triggers can be tweaked and I can help you with this, the 430 I have may be up for grabs, i built the gun for Darrin Lynn for HFT and features an alu piston skirt, drop me a PM if you want to chat more about it.

The rifles are seriously accurate, easy the match of a 77/97 or TX, i love both my 440's although I did mod one to have a longer under lever (will do the second one also)

The 470 will be a little easier to cock especially after a tune, do not over look the 460 also in the sporter stock, with a 40mm obj scope and low mounts it shoulders very well

Thanks Tony I think I will go for a new 470
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Now...you need to remember the 470 has a longer barrel and under lever.

I have tuned 3 of these, 2 are 440TH's and one is a 430 in sporter stock..all are .177

At stock they are hard to cock, i would think the 470 is easier due to longer under lever

The LOP is a little long for me on the 440TH, ther stock is designed to have an adjustable pad and this adds around 1 inch to much LOP, the 430 sporter is perfect

In out the box condition they have 84mm stroke and a 300g piston, Diana throttle the power down using a transfer port restrictor (same as the 52's etc) the shot cycle is not bad but not good either.

The 3 I have here are all tuned, 2 have 25mm piston conversions, the 3rd has a 28mm piston however its massively modified.

If you go with the 470 check the LOP before you buy it, the triggers can be tweaked and I can help you with this, the 430 I have may be up for grabs, i built the gun for Darrin Lynn for HFT and features an alu piston skirt, drop me a PM if you want to chat more about it.

The rifles are seriously accurate, easy the match of a 77/97 or TX, i love both my 440's although I did mod one to have a longer under lever (will do the second one also)

The 470 will be a little easier to cock especially after a tune, do not over look the 460 also in the sporter stock, with a 40mm obj scope and low mounts it shoulders very well

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    Thanks Tony I think I will go for a new 470
    One problem might be getting one in the UK,

Diana are still giving RUAG as the importer on their website,
    there are no Diana's on the RUAG site and SMK don't have anything Diana either, so does anyone have any reliable info on what's happening with Diana in the UK ?