Thanks Tony I think I will go for a new 470
Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
Now...you need to remember the 470 has a longer barrel and under lever.

I have tuned 3 of these, 2 are 440TH's and one is a 430 in sporter stock..all are .177

At stock they are hard to cock, i would think the 470 is easier due to longer under lever

The LOP is a little long for me on the 440TH, ther stock is designed to have an adjustable pad and this adds around 1 inch to much LOP, the 430 sporter is perfect

In out the box condition they have 84mm stroke and a 300g piston, Diana throttle the power down using a transfer port restrictor (same as the 52's etc) the shot cycle is not bad but not good either.

The 3 I have here are all tuned, 2 have 25mm piston conversions, the 3rd has a 28mm piston however its massively modified.

If you go with the 470 check the LOP before you buy it, the triggers can be tweaked and I can help you with this, the 430 I have may be up for grabs, i built the gun for Darrin Lynn for HFT and features an alu piston skirt, drop me a PM if you want to chat more about it.

The rifles are seriously accurate, easy the match of a 77/97 or TX, i love both my 440's although I did mod one to have a longer under lever (will do the second one also)

The 470 will be a little easier to cock especially after a tune, do not over look the 460 also in the sporter stock, with a 40mm obj scope and low mounts it shoulders very well