Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diana 470 target hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    One more option it has the same size action as the 440 again not sure how hard it would be to get one.
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1807/img8923ml.jpg

Tony, I still think that if you done your stuff on a 470 it would be a world beater for FT BTW the 460 is only just over 8 lbs in weight.
    the weight may not be the issue, the issue is the length....its already a long gun.

the 460 stock may be better, i have looked at modding my 440 stock here but decided to carve a laminate stock instead, the but pad can be moved forward but the distance from the pistol grip to the trigger is too long also so its easier to make a new stock and maybe sell this stock on once done. The sporter stocks have better ergonomics IMO, the 440/470 stock is nice but build for 7ft Germans with hands like shovels..not 5ft 10 brits

I have a stock design now, a mixture of 440/CS800 which I think will work well, im considering making it ambi also so its easier to carve as everything is central and not offset.

Purchasing a 12ft lbs air rifle from germany

Has any one actually purchase a 12FT LBS air rifle from Germany and had it sent to A RFD what are the pitfalls if any

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    Has any one actually purchase a 12FT LBS air rifle from Germany and had it sent to A RFD what are the pitfalls if any
    just order a 7.5j version and a 16j spring and have them shipped to your door

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    The only one that would bother me is that I like to examine the gun for any faults before I leave the shop,and what about the guarantee.

It seems crazy that there is not a reliable way to get a Diana in the
    UK when they are the largest airgun company in the world, how do they make enough money to run their huge factory
    They must be selling a lot somewhere.

Hi Barry, I'm afraid that's a chance I've got to take my options are to buy from Germany now or wait and hope one turns up from the new importer they have told my RFD that they might be in stock in 3or4 weeks time it seems a funny way to run a business If a company announces that they are going to take on a franchise you would expect them to be fully stocked up at the time of the announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The only one that would bother me is that I like to examine the gun for any faults before I leave the shop,and what about the guarantee.

It seems crazy that there is not a reliable way to get a Diana in the
    UK when they are the largest airgun company in the world, how do they make enough money to run their huge factory
    They must be selling a lot somewhere.