Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana 470 target hunter

Diana 470 target hunter

Any one bought or had the use of a Diana 470 target hunter

I have a 440TH, basically same gun shorter barrel and under lever

what would you like to know?

Hi Tony, How does it compare with the TX or pro-sport?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

You cant really compare the 470 with a PS

There are not many you can compare it with
    I have posted this before but you might not have seen it.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/18447...ults+-+Update-

Now...you need to remember the 470 has a longer barrel and under lever.

I have tuned 3 of these, 2 are 440TH's and one is a 430 in sporter stock..all are .177

At stock they are hard to cock, i would think the 470 is easier due to longer under lever

The LOP is a little long for me on the 440TH, ther stock is designed to have an adjustable pad and this adds around 1 inch to much LOP, the 430 sporter is perfect

In out the box condition they have 84mm stroke and a 300g piston, Diana throttle the power down using a transfer port restrictor (same as the 52's etc) the shot cycle is not bad but not good either.

The 3 I have here are all tuned, 2 have 25mm piston conversions, the 3rd has a 28mm piston however its massively modified.

If you go with the 470 check the LOP before you buy it, the triggers can be tweaked and I can help you with this, the 430 I have may be up for grabs, i built the gun for Darrin Lynn for HFT and features an alu piston skirt, drop me a PM if you want to chat more about it.

The rifles are seriously accurate, easy the match of a 77/97 or TX, i love both my 440's although I did mod one to have a longer under lever (will do the second one also)

The 470 will be a little easier to cock especially after a tune, do not over look the 460 also in the sporter stock, with a 40mm obj scope and low mounts it shoulders very well

Thanks Tony I think I will go for a new 470
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Now...you need to remember the 470 has a longer barrel and under lever.

I have tuned 3 of these, 2 are 440TH's and one is a 430 in sporter stock..all are .177

At stock they are hard to cock, i would think the 470 is easier due to longer under lever

The LOP is a little long for me on the 440TH, ther stock is designed to have an adjustable pad and this adds around 1 inch to much LOP, the 430 sporter is perfect

In out the box condition they have 84mm stroke and a 300g piston, Diana throttle the power down using a transfer port restrictor (same as the 52's etc) the shot cycle is not bad but not good either.

The 3 I have here are all tuned, 2 have 25mm piston conversions, the 3rd has a 28mm piston however its massively modified.

If you go with the 470 check the LOP before you buy it, the triggers can be tweaked and I can help you with this, the 430 I have may be up for grabs, i built the gun for Darrin Lynn for HFT and features an alu piston skirt, drop me a PM if you want to chat more about it.

The rifles are seriously accurate, easy the match of a 77/97 or TX, i love both my 440's although I did mod one to have a longer under lever (will do the second one also)

The 470 will be a little easier to cock especially after a tune, do not over look the 460 also in the sporter stock, with a 40mm obj scope and low mounts it shoulders very well

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    Thanks Tony I think I will go for a new 470
    One problem might be getting one in the UK,

Diana are still giving RUAG as the importer on their website,
    there are no Diana's on the RUAG site and SMK don't have anything Diana either, so does anyone have any reliable info on what's happening with Diana in the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    One problem might be getting one in the UK,

Diana are still giving RUAG as the importer on their website,
    there are no Diana's on the RUAG site and SMK don't have anything Diana either, so does anyone have any reliable info on what's happening with Diana in the UK ?
    BAR bought all but 1 gun of RUAG stock, I would call them first to see what they have...

The 470 as you mentioned Barry will be the one to get, the longer under lever will make life much easier.

shootingmad, I used a lightened Diana 52 piston in my 440TH, it shortens the stroke....it needs to be lightened and while this is being done it would be rude to not add bearings

I have no idea what stroke is in the 470 however or if you are getting a sub12 UK version....

BAR bought all but 1 gun of RUAG stock, I would call them first to see what they have.

I have no idea what stroke is in the 470 however or if you are getting a sub12 UK version....
    Tony,
    the 470 has a 52 piston with a 115mm stroke,

Where do we get the Diana spares now in the UK?

Tony,
    the 470 has a 52 piston with a 115mm stroke,

Where do we get the Diana spares now in the UK?
    Barry how can it have a 52 piston when the 52 piston has a longer latch rod than the 440? It has to have a piston with a shorter rod for a longer stroke?

If you are right in that the 470 has 115mm stroke then its not the gun to get, the rifle to get is the 440, fit the 470 under lever and move the catch forward or make a new one..or do as i did and replace the rod from the underlever.

Is the rear action on the 470 longer than the rear action on the 440? The 440 will do 20fpe easy in .22 already in stock UK form with the right set up.

Barry how can it have a 52 piston when the 52 piston has a longer latch rod than the 440? It has to have a piston with a shorter rod for a longer stroke?

If you are right in that the 470 has 115mm stroke then its not the gun to get, the rifle to get is the 440, fit the 470 under lever and move the catch forward or make a new one..or do as i did and replace the rod from the underlever.

Is the rear action on the 470 longer than the rear action on the 440? The 440 will do 20fpe easy in .22 already in stock UK form with the right set up.
    Tony,
    It just has a longer action
    http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1782/52460.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2002/p1306121457.jpg

this is just a rough guide
    http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/1...ingerchart.gif

Also the T05 -T06 trigger kit is the same with the same piston,
    the T01 stroke is longer because it has a shorter piston rod.

Tony,
    It just has a longer action
    http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1782/52460.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2002/p1306121457.jpg

this is just a rough guide
    http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/1...ingerchart.gif

Also the T05 -T06 trigger kit is the same with the same piston,
    the T01 stroke is longer because it has a shorter piston rod.
    Well this pretty much means its not the ideal gun to start from then for UK use, extra weight in the action and the comp tube and an even longer rifle. It would be better to build from a 440TH like i have, if you swap the 440 piston for a lightened 52 piston you push stroke down to 78mm, then remove the restrictor, add a top hat and set the spring to UK power levels...much nicer and would you believe not that hard to cock in .177

The key to the 52 piston mod is to drop the weight to 250g including the seal and the tophat, this is a prototype which shortened the stroke to 70mm, it gives you an idea what I have done although this proved to hard to cock with the short under lever. The one in my 440 now is the same design as this although does not have a removable bearing to the rear (but does have a bearing) and does not have a bearing to the front as its not needed as i reduced the piston head size to 26mm as the piston rides on the seal only....remember standard stroke with the 52 piston in use is 78mm.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9...s/IMG_4655.JPG

Diana 470 th

Thanks for your input guys well I provisionally ordered one the importer said it will be about 3or4 weeks.but I wont hold my breath. I wonder if it's possible to order from one of the shop in the EU like Kraleschiet sport and have it sent to my local gun shop any one ever done that

One more option it has the same size action as the 440 again not sure how hard it would be to get one.
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1807/img8923ml.jpg

Tony, I still think that if you done your stuff on a 470 it would be a world beater for FT BTW the 460 is only just over 8 lbs in weight.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    Thanks for your input guys well I provisionally ordered one the importer said it will be about 3or4 weeks.but I wont hold my breath. I wonder if it's possible to order from one of the shop in the EU like Kraleschiet sport and have it sent to my local gun shop any one ever done that
    http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...a8b6ce4b771ccb

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...a8b6ce4b771ccb

Here...you go, email the owner for shipping to the UK.