Thread: Been Away, but i am back.

Been Away, but i am back.

I had NMS which resulted in complete Renal failure, taken three years to recover but as my odds only 10% I am very lucky. Sadly it cost me my fifteen year relationship at Christmas and my three year old son. On the up side shooting again! I have my home tuned HW77 back, its Maccari springed, V Mach seal and my own transfer re-profile plus cross hatched cylinder and buttoned piston. It has a great adjustable stock but when ill sold my scope's along with all my guns. Lucky to get 77 back but it was in the family. Still shoots superbly even if it is a .22
    Stuff on the box.

Going to check sales for scopes, but not sure whats decent value currently, Simmons went tits up quality wise, is that still the case? I am looking for something min objective 40 but either fixed 6X or variable with max 16. Thanks.
    Stuff on the box.

Sid is that you??

No but i remember him, doesn't look as if anyone remembers me though Certainly changed round here, not so many dodgy old misanthrops. Anyway anybody wants any advice on HW's generally I still know a few things (no great claims, but it depends who is asking)
    Stuff on the box.

Fantastic news on your recovery dude, welcome back to the fold. Sad times about the family.

Thumbs up

Hello Mate

Glad you're well mate, welcome back

Shame about the other stuff though

Have a great time now you're back

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks, I am well over it, my son is another story, but life is good. I have come into a percussion buss and when i get round to renewing my tickets i will have even more to smile about. First love is springers though, nothing can beat a well fettled boinger. I have not found better spring than Maccari and seals from Venom but the real magic is in that compression tube and getting the pellet to resist just long enough but still leave that slight cushion of air a properly weighted piston can make a well timed and minute bounce. I will be looking for a project HW80 next and then if I can find one the 85.
    Stuff on the box.

Blunder buss
    Stuff on the box.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Glad you're back electric sheep, but are you singular or plural?

Great Forum.

I remember you sheep, I went by a different name back then Wadoka.

welcome back electric sheep,i remember you mate all your old threads on tuning fac 80's were superb,read them with much interest as my first fac airgun was an hw80 tuner unkown had been refreshed with a maccari kit 21ftlb in .22 super smooth anyone could shoot it accuratly,swapped it for an Eliminator got another high powered 80 now though steve pope creation in .177 running about 18ftlb with 8.4 jsb's
    all the best
    will

Thanks glad a old faces still here, but I notice a few who are not Yes must get back to long stroking an 80, have a few ideas so i need to start buying up old tubes, pistons and source a few barrels. Sold everything when the little man came along as my inlaws did not want firearms around their Grandson and i like the idiot I was agreed. Didn't matter as illness meant I missed renewal. Now I am a single and free again When the little man is a bit bigger he can shoot!
    Stuff on the box.

Oh singular as in I only dream of. Yes .177 V-Mach hard to beat, cosmetics mean much when comes to Springers, mine all get battered to hell in the end, but never functionally. Still not found a good .25 barrel for the 80, every attempt shot badly as if it was just not getting enough pre-pressure before the piston bounced. tried over sized pellets, even micro rifled tube but to no avail. Anyone got the secret to tuning the 80 in .25?
    Stuff on the box.

Never had the pleasure before, but a warm welcome back, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!