Thread: opinions on best rifle for hft?

opinions on best rifle for hft?

Maybe opening a big debate here but looking for the pros and cons of a ev2 mrk4 against a steyr? Like the looks of both but looking for opinions guys.
    Cheers

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Steyr.....no explanation is needed once you've tried an EV
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

EV2 a better looker imo both super accurate though. EV2 so easy to shoot. Only had mine a couple of weeks and can't believe how easy it is to hit the target (although I do miss occasionally lol).
    AA HFT500, HW75, BSA R10SE, Walther LGU .177, Air Arms EV2 MK4 - Falcon T35 Scope HW97K .177 - Titan Ddraig Goch Kit Fitted by Welsh Willy
    https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

Id go ev2. But that's only based on looks. Both rifles perform brilliantly IMHO

spirit of hft

Its a shame the spirit of hft is dead, not many go hunting with either, or is this a can being opened again

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Its a shame the spirit of hft is dead, not many go hunting with either, or is this a can being opened again
    I sometimes feel the same I started out with a s400 and I shot comps and hunted with it too. Now I shoot comps with my RN10 but I'd still be confident using the s400

If you've got the money try and find a fwb p70 I shoot one in hft,take some gettin used to but so accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey handby View Post
    If you've got the money try and find a fwb p70 I shoot one in hft,take some gettin used to but so accurate.
    P70 comes with its share of problems too from what I heard ypu can only mount the scope from one side of the breech or I the zero shifts knightmare

I've had mine for 4 months now and had no problems or zero shift

Had both and sold the EV, kept the Steyr, best thing I'v done.
    Wake up, there's no father christmas, no tooth fairy and no god. Get over it

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by welshweeks View Post
    EV2 a better looker imo both super accurate though. EV2 so easy to shoot. Only had mine a couple of weeks and can't believe how easy it is to hit the target (although I do miss occasionally lol).
    Another one for the EV2 a great rifle ...mike...