Thread: cb-625 MK4 to 9 pin serial adapter or USB plug for PC downloads

cb-625 MK4 to 9 pin serial adapter or USB plug for PC downloads

Does anyone other than Combro build the complete interface unit with the battery power supply that connects the MK4 to a laptop?
    As I am feed up of waiting for Combro to get some in stock, so if you know anyone who builds and sells them I would be grateful if you could point me in their direction.

Have you tried Chronoconnect? The software they do is also excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by fatwelshboy View Post
    Have you tried Chronoconnect? The software they do is also excellent.
    Hi. fatwelshboy
    I have tried Chronoconnect but they are out of stock according to the message you get when you try to purchase one, their web site don't look good either as it doesn't look as though it's been up dated since Christmas!
    I can get a cable from Combro but I don't have a clue how to connect it to the USB plug and I didn't fancy doing my computer or the cb-625 MK4 in by connecting it up incorrectly!

secretagentmole Guest
    You need a USB to serial port converter, a few quid from the bay of e!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    Does anyone other than Combro build the complete interface unit with the battery power supply that connects the MK4 to a laptop?
    As I am feed up of waiting for Combro to get some in stock, so if you know anyone who builds and sells them I would be grateful if you could point me in their direction.
    I have not had any luck finding anyone who makes and sells a USB PC Interface cable for the Combro chronograph.
    So I have made my own USB interface cable which works with the Chrono Connect free demo, I have not tried it with the Combro downloadable programme but I will in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    I have not had any luck finding anyone who makes and sells a USB PC Interface cable for the Combro chronograph.
    So I have made my own USB interface cable which works with the Chrono Connect free demo, I have not tried it with the Combro downloadable programme but I will in the next few days.
    Hi Fronteria, any chance you could pass on the wiring diagram and parts list, possibly with supplier? Wouldn't mind having a go at this myself. What did you do about the drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by stoobydale View Post
    Hi Fronteria, any chance you could pass on the wiring diagram and parts list, possibly with supplier? Wouldn't mind having a go at this myself. What did you do about the drivers?
    I got the drivers from the same people who I purchased the USB plug from which contained the chip from (ftdichip) they are from Glasgow and they were very helpful a great company with the best tradition of customer service.
    PM me your e-mail and I will supply all the details.
    Regards Jeff

Chronoconnect

I dropped a message to the guy at chrono connect through his website. He then dropped me an email when the cables came back in stock. received it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. guess they must sell fairly fast!

Can't tell you if it is any good yet as i haven't had a chance to test it at all.

GB

Cheers Jeff, PM sent.