Thread: Bell Target PAIRS Compeition Thursday 13th June RMTC

Bell Target PAIRS Compeition Thursday 13th June RMTC

We will be holding a Bell Target PAIRS competition at RMTC next Thursday 13th June.

Everyone is welcome.

7 pm - 10 pm at Longholme Church Hall BB4 6QS.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I will try my best to make this. (And bring a carrot for Johns horse.)

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I will try my best to make this. (And bring a carrot for Johns horse.)

ATB
    TC1
    .and a rifle to shoot with

If you had any friends outside of RMTC (where you are highly valued - and paid at the exactly same high level ) I would have asked you to bring them with you as well

......so I guess you will be on your own then? - shame it's a pairs competition really.but we will find you a partner to shooot with - we can draw straws and see who gets lucky

We had our first Bell Target pairs competition at the RMTC club last night, and the final between the top 3 pairs proved to be very close.

Phil suggested we all shoot the same rifle for this competition, and I just happened to have a "new to me" Original Model 75 that I took to the club to give it a shoot to make sure it was working a good as it looked and to set it up for 6 yard Bell Target shooting.

Graham adjusted the sights and we each had a couple of shots with it and then we all used it for the competition.

Pairs were decided with a very technically advanced technique developed and refined by Phil (involving some coin tossing) and then we were off!

John Gould parked (tied-up) "Black Bess" and immediately complained that the foresight element on the Model 75 was too small ( we all agreed) and then rang the bell time after time with his classic "hunter hold" that cannot possibly work for target shooting

Phil ran away with the results ( he took them home to add them up properly for us as we were too busy shooting our own rifles after the event was finished) and will bung them on this thread later today - but Johns calculations suggested than the unlikely pairing of Bob and Richard had won the competition - but to be honest the result is of very little interest - it was a good fun event that we should repeat every month from now onwards!

Everyone is welcome - rifle supplied - come and have a go next time Thursday 11th July.
    Last edited by zooma; 14-06-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    John Gould parked (tied-up) "Black Bess" and immediately complained that the foresight element on the Model 75 was too small ( we all agreed) and then rang the bell time after time with his classic "hunter hold" that cannot possibly work for target shooting

Everyone is welcome - rifle supplied - come and have a go next time Thursday 11th July.

No wonder John is so lucky at B T shooting. Hes got 4 horse shoes under him.

An interesting and entertaining evening indeed.

I did have a few comments, during my sight adjustment session, that my shots were going to the right. Obviously, to the trained eye, my shots were bang on, it was the target that was too far to the left!

John G did comment on the front reticule, but I think this was just to hide his disappointment in not having anywhere to fix his bayonet, and the rifle not being a muzzle loader.

It would have been good to have I.J along, but we forgot to go down to the catacombs and let him out. Anyway, I heard Thursday was his new night for counting the spiders, so it was probably best we didn't disturb him.

I did indeed take the scores, and added them up correctly. The results are as follows:-

The Muzzle Loaders Society of Great Britain (John & Graham) - 48.8

The Vision Enhancement Technologists (Richard & Bob) - 49.3

The Supermodels (Philip & Graham) 49.3

I.J - 64 spiders and a moth he took a shine to, which he has now named Derek.

Had John G spent less time behind the bike sheds, and more time in class, he would've added the scores he correctly and we could have had a shoot off!

Could the excitement be improved upon for the next round?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post

I.J - 64 spiders and a moth he took a shine to, which he has now named Derek.

Had John G spent less time behind the bike sheds, and more time in class, he would've added the scores he correctly and we could have had a shoot off!

Could the excitement be improved upon for the next round?

Kind regards,

Phil
    Actually it was 65 spiders. I have a fool proof system. I count their legs and divide by 8.

Heres hoping I can make it out of the catacombs for the next round (11th July).

ATB
    Ian

Actually it was 65 spiders. I have a fool proof system. I count their legs and divide by 8.

ATB
    Ian

That does seem to be the most simple way of counting your spiders

You must have found out about that technique on the web

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

ATB
    Ian
    Won't you be too busy at Rivi making sure all the rules are obeyed?
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    He may be a bit busy dusting the catacombs and rearranging the spiders webs at the moment - a never ending job - and you know how much he cares about achieving a perfect presentation

If he does not give this his full attention the place will start to look a bit scruffy.

........so I guess he will be at Rivvy every night as normal then
    Last edited by zooma; 17-06-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    The rules are always obeyed. Unfortunately they are not always the clubs rules.

Our Hammerli Pistol night is the following week - 18th July.

The rules are always obeyed. Unfortunately they are not always the clubs rules.

........one out of the two requirements is quite good going

At least you have some rules that are being obeyed- even if they are not the clubs rules - it does show some form of orderly behavior