Thread: VORTEX VIPER 2.5-10x32

VORTEX VIPER 2.5-10x32

Hi all,
    Been trying to get hold of one of these scopes for a few weeks now this side of the pond and the only company I've been dealing with is riflecraft, anyone got one of these and care to share some insight on one how they are for Hft and where's best to purchase. Am thinking riflecraft are the only ones, cheers

Mav
    Whether you think you can or whether you think can't, you're right!!

I had a look at these scopes on http://www.sportoptics.com/ They look quite good, but the reticle is maybe a little over the top for me
    Deadlydad

Quote Originally Posted by mav78 View Post
    Hi all,
    Been trying to get hold of one of these scopes for a few weeks now this side of the pond and the only company I've been dealing with is riflecraft, anyone got one of these and care to share some insight on one how they are for Hft and where's best to purchase. Am thinking riflecraft are the only ones, cheers

Mav
    XTX has one, and can also supply, however they are waiting on stock in the UK. Also I hear the UK stock will be available with parallax reset for air gun ranges.

Contact Darrin for more info

we distribute them here at riflecraft... and yes you can re parralax them for close ranges. they have been a real hit in scotland sold one to chap and now they all want one! haha
    callum

They are back in stock
    For reg & tuning info visit www.xtxair.co.uk
    XTX on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/XTXair
    Guides on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/XTXair?feature=mhee

2-7x35

Would 2-7x35 diamondback be a good choice,any difference in price & performance over 3-9x40

the 2-7x35 is a nice scope, you need to ask if you can manage with 7 mag over 9 mag as there is little difference after that...

viper pst. ho e

The chap was me.. Great scope. Never touched the parallax on it just rolled the PA Back as far as it would and left it be. Cant say enough good things about it. Anyone re-parallax'ing one is merely down to the shooter/owners personal preference still proved to be a major hit with the guys up here.

viper pst. homework paid off

The chap was me.. Great scope. Never touched the parallax on it just rolled the PA Back as far as it would and left it be. Cant say enough good things about it. Anyone re-parallax'ing one is merely down to the shooter/owners personal preference still proved to be a major hit with the guys up here.

Riflecraft (Callum) was a joy to deal with also.

One scope I'll never part with.

Best regards

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    I have just bought one of these second hand, I understand they have a lifetime warranty, is that correct?

Sorry for bringing an old thread up from the depths of the forum, but it is relevant to me.

The scope has never been mounted before and is going on my custom Rapid, just want to know where I stand regarding the warranty with no receipt.

Also, does anyone have a link to an in depth review

It is going on a sub 12fpe .20 Rapid shooting out to 40yds, am I right in thinking the factory 35yds min parallax will be ok from say 15-40yds at around 8x

If not, is there a UK supplier that would re-parallax to say 17.5yds min so then everything on the sf will be 1/2?
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    Got mine!
    Awesome!!
    Depth of field is amazing and good at low light considering the objective size.

Full review to follow, but overall, very very happy!
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Ive got 3 of em now, csnt look past them. Brilliant in my opinion. Tried many others but these are the dogs danglies.

Review to follow also.

Saw a few at the worlds snd some of the Czech guys had em too. Few mates up here using them now and well chuffed with them also. Only use mine around 7.5 mag.

Cheers

Mav

Thumbs up

I've got the 2.5-10 x 44 viper hs, its got the same glass as the pst's & for a 44mm fixed px its amazing, so so clear, I've reset the px to 30 yrds & on 5 - 8 mag you can scan hedges for bunnies over 100 yrds away! (i cant even imagine what the 32mm would be like!) The low light performance is great you can shoot by moonlight, & the ret (bdc) is perfect (imho). Its taken my shooting to a totally different level & even though it cost £290 it feels worth every penny when you consider you would easily spend that on a rifle.
    Top marks vortex
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Well said, even when you look at similar spec leupy's I.e tmr mk4, twice the price and are they optically better, nah.. !

great scopes.

Riflecraft are great for their customer service on the Vortex range.

Quote Originally Posted by funkedup View Post
    I have just bought one of these second hand, I understand they have a lifetime warranty, is that correct?

Sorry for bringing an old thread up from the depths of the forum, but it is relevant to me.

The scope has never been mounted before and is going on my custom Rapid, just want to know where I stand regarding the warranty with no receipt.

Also, does anyone have a link to an in depth review

It is going on a sub 12fpe .20 Rapid shooting out to 40yds, am I right in thinking the factory 35yds min parallax will be ok from say 15-40yds at around 8x

If not, is there a UK supplier that would re-parallax to say 17.5yds min so then everything on the sf will be 1/2?
    The warenty is if you have the scope in your hand you have a warrenty on it.., it covers everything apart from loss, theft & intentional damage
    So if you drop your rifle accidentally & it smashes I believe you are covered. I would speak to riflecraft if you need any more information or a UK point of contact for starting a warrenty claim
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.