Thread: Bell target on a shoestring

Bell target on a shoestring

Hello fellas im a bit ignorant to bell target shooting and wondered what starter rifles where out there on a budget. Im talking 2nd hand or what rifle is adequate with a diopter fitted. I love the fwb300 but is a bit of an investment just on a whim. Any help would be nice.

Any good .177 rifle that you feel comfortable with and is legal will be OK - but check to see if any "local" rules where you intend to shoot will accept the model you decide on before buying it.

Asking what is for sale and for advice at your local Bell Target Club would be a good place to start.

If you are shooting from home then the choice of rifle is completely yours to choose a rifle that works for you at the budget you choose to spend - but it would still be wise to check what is used locally as you may decide to shoot in a club or team in the future.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I bought an old marksman biathlon trainer 1790 from macavoys for £100 to give bell target a try, it rings the bell just as often as most things out there as I'm sure some people on here can tell you.
    SMK do a copy I believe but how good it is I don't know.
    I'm not really using this at the moment so if you want it you can have it for what I paid for it.
    If you want to come & try it give me a pm.

So anything low powered that could take a diopter would be a good starting point. Just confuse things would a multi pump be a no no.

A multi pump should be ok, but how long before you get fed up!

Bob has a nice Original Model 75, which would be ideal, up for grabs at the moment.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

lord sean
    i know a guy who has a s300 he used to do bell target in my club but stopped shooting about 4 years ago its very unlikly he will re start again but i would think his gun would come at the right price

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    lord sean
    i know a guy who has a s300 he used to do bell target in my club but stopped shooting about 4 years ago its very unlikly he will re start again but i would think his gun would come at the right price

A 300S is definately the right way for you to go if funds permit!

The way im seeing it is,,, for about three hundred quid give or take you can get the cream of yesterdays technology which is still better than i will ever be. In the form of ambudget plinker its the gun that you can shoot accurately. The wish list at the moment is a fwb300, walther lgr or diana/original variants. I dont think i would like the expense of a pcp for bell target. I think ive gathered that buying a target version of a british gun like a webley osprey etc is not the best (or am i wrong again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Sean View Post
    The way im seeing it is,,, for about three hundred quid give or take you can get the cream of yesterdays technology which is still better than i will ever be. In the form of ambudget plinker its the gun that you can shoot accurately. The wish list at the moment is a fwb300, walther lgr or diana/original variants. I dont think i would like the expense of a pcp for bell target. I think ive gathered that buying a target version of a british gun like a webley osprey etc is not the best (or am i wrong again?)
    You are not wrong - but I do have a nice Webley Osprey Supertarget for sale if you ever loose your power to think things through properly !

New shooter

Hi there:
    I am starting to compete at 10 m. Paper target. Is your rifle good enough to compite against FWB 600?
    If so, how much are you asking for the rifle?
    I live in Houston, what about you?
    Thanks for your time,
    Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Sean View Post
    Brocock do a Bell Target version of the Concept PCP for 350 to 400 area.

The FWB that Vic Thompson is selling on here would make a fantastic first rifle i thought.