Thread: Ruger Old Army nipples

Ruger Old Army nipples

I've looked all over but I'm having trouble finding replacement nipples. I know there are 'upgraded' types but I'd rather stick with standard ones.
    If anyone would post a link I'd be grateful

Thanks
    Brian
    What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
    W.C. Fields

Sir, as you may or may not know, Ruger has reneged on the 10-year provision of spares ethic for the ROA and there are no longer ANY spares for the Ruger Old Army that are not common to the Blackhawk revolver. I bought the last EVER set of rear-frame screws early last year, and was trying to set up a manufacturer here in UK to make replacement cylinder base pins, to no avail - there were not enough takers to make it economically-feasible.

I'm over in the states in a month or so and I'll be buying every part that I can find, but I know that there are no nipples out there.

I replaced mine last month with Treso nipples.

tac

Treso nipples will do the job.

I used this chap recently and the contact and service was excellent.

http://www.roaring-forties.co.uk/hom...ies-broad-band

Tacfoley...hello,

If you ever re address the base pin thought i would like to be on the list. Ta

Your help is appreciated.

To be honest, the nipples on my ROA are fine but I've shot thousands through it and I can see a possible problem in the future.
    I'll give the Treso nips a try.

Thanks peeps
    Brian
    What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
    W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by mat BRC View Post
    Ruger nipples are the same as uberti from memory as ive just converted one to nitro.
    Hope this helps.
    Sir - Ruger OA nipples are hexagon, and appear to be quite different from any others ever made. They are also American-threaded, and not metric, although that shouldn't come as any surprise. I replaced mine with Treso nipples from an American supplier - there are other brands, but most use Treso brand as they can be removed and replaced using an ordinary wrench. Cost in the USA is around $30 a set of six.

tac

nipples for Uberti and Ruger, price £36.00 per set. nothing to do with me, but hope it helps
    http://aandagunsmiths.co.uk/for-sale/
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 18-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    ballkeeper

I've just got back from Oregon, where I bought TWO sets of Uncle Mike of Oregon stainless steel nipples - with the hexagonal-style fixing á la Ruger original, for $15.50 a set of six. That seems to be a good deal less than the $54.72 asked by aandagunsmiths, whoever they might be. I DO note, however, their 'enthusiastic' level of pricing, as well as their inventive spelling. That quick-load base pin, BTW, costs around $40 or so in the USA...certainly not the $91 asked for by them. However, I'm not here to tell them their business - those who buy their stuff must have decided that they are getting a bargain, despite clear evidence to the contrary.

@matt BRC - having been a keen shooter of my particular ROA since March 2nd, 1986, I remain unconvinced that Ruger use metric threads on any part of their products. I'm getting old, it's true, but -

a. I'm not yet stupid enough to pay a fortune for something that costs almost a quarter of the UK price,

b. nor have I forgotten my manners when writing to people I don't know.

The address of the US dealership where these items might be obtained at the same price as I paid can be got by PM-ing me. The owner of the gunstore tells me that he regularly supplies an English customer with these and other BP sundries - prolly so that he can sell them on at the vastly inflated prices that you guys are all used to paying. The stash that I've got are for my fellow club members, and will cost them exactly what I paid for them, converted on the day.
    Last edited by tacfoley; 18-06-2013 at 10:17 AM.

great deal you got tac,
    better than the link i thought might help
    ballkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    great deal you got tac,
    better than the link i thought might help
    Not a deal, Sir - just the usual price of stuff when folks are happy with a few percent profit, and not 400 per cent. You did the best you knew how, good for you and thank you, you just didn't know the way things really are, is all.

BTW, NO spares to be found in the North West of the USA, either, but I'll admit that I only asked about forty gun dealers.

Best

tac