Thread: rink grips

rink grips

thinking of buying a couple of pairs of these in a medium left for my two steyr air pistols.
    cant make up my mind,if i should order laminated or walnut.

never seen the laminated in the flesh.
    i guess there nicer than the walther blue and white laminated LP300 grip.

any thoughts.

i have a couple of Rink walnut steyr grips, they look supurb, are a great fit, but both right handed.
    only purchased for selling with the gun.
    Last edited by nickm marshall; 17-06-2013 at 05:04 AM.

The laminated RINK grips look superb ( I have a set on my Steyr), but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not everyone agrees as some prefer a more traditional look and also claim the walnut version absorbs sweat better and will therefore maintain a firmer grip.

I suppose compared to plywood with all the resins needed to bond the laminated layers together that makes sense - but my thoughts are that the oiled finish of the walnut would also prevent the absorption of sweat and so we are just back to personal preference again.

My P44 had RINK walnut grips on it, and my opinion is that they both grip well due to their shape and fit and the stippled surface of both types feels remarkably similar - although a connoisseur or somebody with a delicate sense of feel may be able to detect a difference - but I think this would be very subtle and unlikely to be a major factor - more likely the colour would be more of an influence.

The laminated grips cost a little more, and technically will be more stable - the reason for its increasing use on the best match rifle stocks
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The laminated RINK grips look superb ( I have a set on my Steyr), but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not everyone agrees as some prefer a more traditional look and also claim the walnut version absorbs sweat better and will therefore maintain a firmer grip.
    Yuk!

The Rink laminated grips look like acid house puke.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post
    never seen the laminated in the flesh.
    I can do you a photo or two

It's a thing of beauty

Not quite as vibrant in colour as the OE FWB stocks, still strikes fear into your competitors
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Aaaaceeed!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks

Thanks for your help lads.

Well, a couple of you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Aaaaceeed!
    Ignore him - we always do

........he has no taste for the finer things in life - any old lump of wood/plastic/coal/dogs hind leg etc would be good enough for him to hang on to - and the fact that he knows what acid house puke looks like should tell you all you need to know about his sophisticated choice of pistol grip

The laminated RINK grips look superb - and would be totally wasted in IJ's grubby little mitts (the walnut ones would be wasted on him as well)
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Ignore him - we always do
    I took it as a compliment
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

While I agree with Zooma that they look superb, the only issue is if you have to modify them - which you probably would.

With the Walnut grips you can at least get wood coloured material to build them up if looks are important to you. To date I haven't managed to find any striped filler/plastic wood (depsite having been sent out to get striped paint in my youth!!).

So if you get a grip that fits perfectly then it will look great. But if you have to modify it then a bit of that beauty will slip away and cost you more!

I did look into getting a custom laminate one done by Rink. They will only do it in Germany, so with flights, accommodation etc it would have cost close to £600 I now look at my standard Morini grip, with white filler and think IT is a thing of beauty

Just my 2p worth

Mark
    Last edited by markwarren; 18-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markwarren View Post
    While I agree with Zooma that they look superb, the only issue is if you have to modify them - which you probably would.

With the Walnut grips you can at least get wood coloured material to build them up if looks are important to you. To date I haven't managed to find any striped filler/plastic wood (depsite having been sent out to get striped paint in my youth!!).

So if you get a grip that fits perfectly then it will look great. But if you have to modify it then a bit of that beauty will slip away and cost you more!

I did look into getting a custom laminate one done by Rink. They will only do it in Germany, so with flights, accommodation etc it would have cost close to £600 I now look at my standard Morini grip, with white filler and think IT is a thing of beauty

Just my 2p worth

Mark
    Cheers Mark
    There is no way I would add any sort of filler to any grip on any pistol.
    It wouldn't make me shoot any better, because I would be thinking about the gun now looking ugly.
    Wouldn't fit a gold cylinder to any of my Steyr LP's for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by markwarren View Post

So if you get a grip that fits perfectly then it will look great.

But that's the whole point of Rink - you should end up with a grip that fits very well. Maybe not quite perfect, but my shooting is never going to be to the point where I'm annoyed I dropped 2 points from 100% due to slight irritation with my grip... With my lanky fingers but thin hand, my Rink grip is so much better than anything that comes as standard for me, not at all sure I'd notice the difference of full custom.

Update

Three pairs of rink grips on order in walnut and left handed.
    Due to be sent from the factory this Thursday.
    At least one should fit as I keep changing the gun.

Got about 6 spare Steyr and morini grips now. Mainly left handed.
    Will post a few photo's when they arrive.