Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: which Air pistol narrowed to 3

Dino - you inbox is full!

had an empty out of inbox thanks Bob , the only reservation i have on the H45 is a lot are pushing out well under the 5 where as the alecto consistently over the 5ftlbs ,if the 45 was pushing full power then it would be a no brainer prefer the looks of the 45 anyday but want the max power, pistols are weak enough as it is .

Hi, just my 2 cent worth. I've owned an HW45 for a number of years, it' a fine pistol. I have all four calibre barrels and use the 20 the most. When they first became available I bought the Dianna LP8 Mag, as said previously it's a big b'stard, though very well made and hard hitting. Runs just under 6ftlb but, with light weight pellets nearly hits 7ftlb. To be honest it would be better if they supplied a cocking aid with it. After half a tin of pellets loading becomes a chore. After a few months I sold the Dianna and stick with the HW45. Good luck with your choice, Phil

I have 2 HW45's i have dropped the power in my wifes 45, makes it very accurate and cosistant. she was getting 5 pence size groups over 6 yards, smoother cocking more relaxed action. going to do the same to mine. whats the point of power without accuracy.Over last 3 years have had a Tau 7 co2 target pistol, a brocock atomic, a webley hurricaine. got to say only 2 i have kept are the HW45's.
    Last edited by joey1761; 20-06-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

I have a crosman 1377c with shoulder stock and scope and it is a great pistol would recommend it to anyone.

came back to this post as i had a look at the alecto and it is very space age plastic looking came away mainly because there was a .20 cal now ,wanted to see which cal was going to give best results 3 pumps could also be boring after a time, so im now back between the two agian,the single pump hw45 is much more appealing now , maybe have to buy both then pick one and sell the other now try to convince the mrs, shops closed monday so no rush

You lot talking pistols makes me want one now even more.

BILL50

The benjamin EB22 co2 pistol I am sure is around 5.5 ftbs google it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenhart1 View Post
    The benjamin EB22 co2 pistol I am sure is around 5.5 ftbs google it.
    I recently sold the .20 version of this air pistol - the EB20 - it was shooting at 5.3ft.lbs, but it was bloody noisy!!
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Quote Originally Posted by bhodge View Post
    I recently sold the .20 version of this air pistol - the EB20 - it was shooting at 5.3ft.lbs, but it was bloody noisy!!
    you should have one of these fitted cuts the noise by half,mines an eb22 shoots at 5.8ftlbs
    http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9...5301842371.jpg

paid deposit and picking up a .177 from shop on wed/thurs this week thanks for the help they said the .20 is now shipping with a free sight but shop didnt know which sight so decided to stick with what i know and opt for .177
    they also siad beware of older models as some of the chambers are splitting along a seem , and the batch they have just had in have now been modified anyone heard of this or experienced this problem ?

This picture shows what you're talking about:

http://media.photobucket.com/user/fl...g.html?filters[term]=Webley%20Alecto&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=7

A section towards the rear of the top of the valve body is thinned on the older version. You want one that runs uniformly the entire length from the breach to the valve cap.

thanks for the reply but the link doesnt appear to work , jst get message sorry theres been an error

Oops sorry. gotta learn to photobucket. here:

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...nvalvebody.jpg

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by joey1761 View Post
    ....Over last 3 years have had a Tau 7 co2 target pistol, a brocock atomic, a webley hurricaine. got to say only 2 i have kept are the HW45's.
    Just to prove you can't please all of the the people all of the time, out of a collection of 12 pistols inc. a Tau 7, Tempest, Senior, 1911, S&W, Rohm etc...the first 2 to go were the HW45's in .22 & .177.
    Good job we all don't like the same thing or life would be pretty boring...
    I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you choose until your head gets turned by some other little beauty
    Last edited by harvey_s; 26-06-2013 at 10:45 PM.