Lots of reps, using the rifle as if you are shooting works well, ie. dry firing (obviously only if you have a PCP...with a spring gun you can still take your stance and aim ) or just loads of practise if you are lucky enough to have the facilities. I read an article somewhere ( A.G.'s book of the rifle?) about an Army service rifle champion many years ago who would just stand and aim his gun for at least an hour a day when he could, thus building up the muscle groups (and memory) he used when in competition.

There is a theory that the human body needs to repeat something at least 6000 times before it gets instinctive, I can understand this as I play guitar as well, and can now make chord shapes in mid air before my hand touches the fingerboard, whereas once I would need to look down and painfully place each finger in position.

General fitness and associated benefits will also help...I was doing a lot of cycling and observing a diet over the last two years, and at one point had dropped from over 16 stone to a tad over 12 stone, plus had not been fitter for years. At this time my scores were noticeably higher.

ATB, Ed