Hi All

Noted in the latest Air Gun World Terry Doe heralding the benefits of regular exercise is having on his shooting and it has got me thinking.

I left all the trappings of the corporate world in October last year to teach Tai Chi full time after training for 13years (www.elemental-taichi.co.uk)

Tai Chi is a slow moving martial art that is mainly taught for health these days but focuses on posture, rooting, building stable stances and the ability to hold certain structures in a relaxed manner. Different types of breathe control also play a major part. Tai Chi has been proven to lower blood pressure, improve your resistance to stress, and produce calm in the face of adversity (be that the stresses of life, or the pressure of a competition shot).

I have been recently applying this to my shooting practice (hw97KT), mainly in free hand standing shots and found vast improvements, finally taking this to the field recently and taking a 28yard rabbit free hand.

I appreciate there is a leap of faith required in trying something new (especially something that can be perceived as 'esoteric' ) but I've distilled some of the principles of Tai Chi to make them applicable to shooting only because that is my other passion.

I am thinking of offering training services to local, serious competition shooters as a method to improve accuracy and calmness under pressure and wondered what, if any, training or exercises the serious lot amongst you do? and whether if it was available, would the training above be of interest?

Any thoughts on the subject would be much appreciated

All the best
Rob