Thread: No One interested in my Match 54 Anschutz?

No One interested in my Match 54 Anschutz?

In the firearms for sale forum.

Perhaps the price is not too attractive?

The 1611? It's a tidy looking rifle. Have you tried advertising on Stirton.com, as that site is much more orientated to smallbore rifle? Maybe ask your club secretary to pass an advert around your county association.

By the way, the X at the end of the serial number has nothing to do with the quality of the barrel. It's a common misconception that it marks a selected barrel. The X is present on all actions made from about 1977 to 1980, and identifies the rifle as having the improved 5071 trigger and modified bolt (lighter firing pin, conical screw-on end-cap, and the firing pin-exposing-slot). Factory service techs have explained it means "experimental", as at the time Anschutz did not change the model nomenclature to reflect the changes to the action.

Some 1980-vintage 1800 rifles have the X, probably as the factory was using up a stock of actions, but have the 5018 trigger and an unslotted bolt.

Good luck with the sale.
    Last edited by tim s; 22-06-2013 at 04:49 PM.

where the heck is the firearms for sale forum???

BTW I am indeed after a 22LR Anschutz

BR,
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamk998 View Post
    where the heck is the firearms for sale forum???

BTW I am indeed after a 22LR Anschutz

BR,
    Graham
    It's where it always is Graham. It's possible that since you are a new member, you cannot see it? Not sure. I thought that all could see it but not use it until allowed by mods.

If you are interested in a match rifle, pm me and I can show you details of my rifle.

bobkat