Thread: rabbit shooting crow pigeon shooting ????????

Question rabbit shooting crow pigeon shooting ????????

hi all i was on my shoot tonight 3 massive farmers fields i was there at about 5.30pm till 9.00 just starting to get dark i first pulled looked at fields and thought it was to good to be true 25 crows on field 30 pigeons and even seen 1 rabbit so i walked round to hedge were crow and pidgeons were hide in undergrowth waited for about 1 hr no pigeons or crows returned ???? so i thought i get in even more cover because i thought they must be able to see me so i wait again and a few cros and pigeons return but in other end of field the closest one came to me was 60-70 yrds baffled its about 8pm so i thought i have a stalk round got to be loads of rabbits but i only saw about 5 rabbits until i left ??? so if i see five rabbits will there be loads more surely or do i need to go when its pitch black and lamp them or should i of seen more if its a good rabbit land ??? and how im a going to get some crows and pigeons do i need to decoy thanks for any help Paul

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    I reckon you scared them off with your lack of punctuation
    Mark

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Ouch!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

I think pigeons follow the same principle as sheep. If 20 woodies are in a tree the next 10 to fly by will probably land in that tree if space is available or land close by.

There's no reason why the pigeons or crows should have returned. If they found somewhere else to go, then they wouldn't give a sh!t about the field you saw them in. They've probable disipated to nearby roosting trees or other fields.

The more times you get out their hunting the better you'll be able to predict where the quarry are. e.g. make a note of the time the pigeons are at such'n'such location, as long as thats the place you most frequently see them. Increases your chances by broadening your knowledge of the behaviour of the things your hunting.

As for the rabbits, they could be anywhere, they may have heard you and gone back down their burrows before you even arrived at their location, they may have simply been in their burrows to start with or they may have been at another place. Your question is un-answerable. Maybe you need to re-aquaint yourself with field craft technique?

Overall, just get out there hunting as much as possible, try to learn the whereabouts of your quarry at particular times, be patient, be silent.

Wink

thanks nerozero ill try what you say im going next week with sasman23x we see how we get on ?

is decoys the way to get them to land ?

Yes, It generally helps. Or shoot them out of the trees

Voldy
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

hi mate decoyings the only way to go get 6 short telescopic fishing rod rests for hide poles some cammo netting make your hide about 2ft high and long enough to lay in set your deeks utp pointing into wind in the typical horshoe pattern to start with and make your farthest deek 30 yards from you three thing i find that greatly improves your success is first you spend time finding the flight patterns and set up under them second buy and fit a harris bipod to your gun and third cover your barrel and sights in cammo tape they really do spot black gun barrels moving in on them last year i had some fantastic bags of pigeons yousing these methods and i hope you get the same success
    cozzy

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    Here you go mate, I'll lend you some full stops, as you have obviously run out

Cheers Kev.

Talking

cheers cosy you right about seeing gun i was in undergrowth and 10 crow were just flying over me and laughing i get some tape or camo sock ordered pigeon decoys off bar today ill give it a go and let you know thanks paul look not one full stop who needs them not me