Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
Sure will my 'ansome, I got your payment for the one on epay but have not re-listed it yet. I was expecting my Photon back from TJ's yesterday but they had kept it to check for intermittent faults and are posting it back tomorrow. Seems the noise I could hear when adjusting the focus was the seal - and is normal.

Also seems the very tight almost in focus at low ranges is completely normal and to be expected.

Given that this type of device is basically a camera with a screen and reticle behind it, it might be helpful to consider it like one. Decent camera's have an adjustable iris to control the light intake but that would have placed the photon at a much higher price. A modest £20 or so fixed iris placed on the front of it is no big expense, something with a bigger hole than the one it was supplied with.

I'll probably be making the fixed lens 'iris smaller than originally thought, perhaps making some for air ranges with smaller holes, and bigger for HMR ranges.
I think centrefire users will all be using doublers to get the quarry image larger in proportion to the size of the centre dot of the reticle, whilst being far enough away from the target to avoid acquisition issues.
yes mate i saw the one,s on e-b-y after i pm,d you about the filter,i still want one by the way.
rgds stubbs4612