Thread: Harry Wedgebury

Harry Wedgebury

It is with great sadness I have to post the news of Harry Wedgebury passing away yesterday. he will be greatly missed by many in the Bell target community. His funeral will be held at Streetly cemetary at 12.00 on wednesday the 17th of july. all are welcome to attend to pay their respects. a follow on venue is to be arranged.and will be posted when known. Harry's widow Brenda, would like to know numbers to cater for if you wish join her and the family to celebrate the life of a really great gentleman of our sport. So please let us know if you intend to follow on to the second venue.
    On a personal note it has to be said that if you have been target shooting for the past 40 years or so, and not met Harry then you will have missed out on an opportunity to meet a really nice bloke who supported the Birmingham (Maitland)and wolverhampton Bell leagues (Hawkins) for many years and was in his day a good 10m shooter for the city of Birmingham rifle club. to the memory of the likes of Malcome Cooper, irene Daw I add Harry Wedgebury, never famous but a true hero of the sport never the less.

Will be sadly missed I count him as a friend and great supporter of the Air Gun world.

I am very sad to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know. Harry was very helpful to me when I got back into shooting a few years ago. We went together to Bisley in 2009 to shoot in the NSRA-Eley finals. He will be sadly missed by shooters in this region.

I friend and a true fellow sportsman. Will be sadly missed by the sport.

"H" Would love to see you guys share one last pint!

Harry's widow Brenda thinks "H" would love to see his friends get together for one last pint. after all his shooting evolved around a pint, a sandwich and six lucky shots to get a possible. However she appreciates many will be working and can not make it. but for those who can make it , on the 17th it will be a good, albit sad get together. Perhaps for those who cannot make the funeral we can arrange an open bell competition between Birmingham and wolverhampton leagues at a later date in his honour- "H" would like that, I think.

Follow on arranged.

venue for follow on venue is the Plough and Harrow. thank you!