Thread: Walton Lions Open Day Tomorrow

Walton Lions Open Day Tomorrow

I was just wondering if anyone on here was going to The Walton Lions 4 in 1 open day tomorrow at their club at Great Barr, Birmingham? Tomorrow being Sunday 07/07/2013 at 11am...
    I know there is an arms fair and vintage and modern bell target shooting, I'm hoping to buy a vintage rifle if there are any there
    Anybody else attending?
    Ted

Smile Try this site for buying a classic lincoln jeffries

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues
    a great website where loads of old air rifles are sold at auction. Reserve £. will also give you an idea of how much you should pay for certain models etc.

See you there Ted, a understand quite a few from Hawkins are as well.

Turned out to be an excellent event had many requests to do it again soon.

Yes,
    I really enjoyed myself, plenty of people there and lots of very friendly advice on hand. I imagine the traders had a field day with the crowds jostling around them, I myself bought a rifle and had a good test of it beforehand on the excellent plinking range
    Have another one soon!

Was a bit dissapointed with the fayre to be honest.Certainly not a patch on the recent fayre I went to in Melbourne Derby.The selection and variety of reasonably priced rifles & pistols at WL was quite poor in comparison.

Nice venue though and quite busy.Was a little bit concerned with the lack of airgun safety though,with punters and what appeared to be some staff waving rifles around,even on the range.Not my cup of tea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by avanti View Post
    Was a bit dissapointed with the fayre to be honest.Certainly not a patch on the recent fayre I went to in Melbourne Derby.The selection and variety of reasonably priced rifles & pistols at WL was quite poor in comparison.

Nice venue though and quite busy.Was a little bit concerned with the lack of airgun safety though,with punters and what appeared to be some staff waving rifles around,even on the range.Not my cup of tea at all.
    I dont think so. Anyone that tried it would have been stamped on. All shooters were full supervised at all times.
    Rifle waving is a growing concern at shows by buyers plently of examples happened at Melbourne and conciderable amounts at the British Shooting Show.

That's a very immature.attitude,trying to cast dispersions onto other events - Only saying what I saw and I was a little bit dissapointed,that's all.

Waltons fayre

I would like to point out to Thimblehouse that the RBL Club Chairman at Melbourne were contacted by the local police immediately after the Melbourne fayre to inform him and the fayre organisers that the police had a presence at our fayre in the form of 2 plain clothed police officers during the day and they commented that they were very pleased with all aspects of safety.

So please Thimblehouse, just accept advice as given and stop deflecting your safety issues onto a fine charitable event like the Melbourne fayre.
    Even you are not perfect - Give it a rest.
    Last edited by Jackel; 01-08-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    hold me back !!

At no point or would I ever join in the stupidness that some have posted.
    I have always wished all events all the best and attended where I can. Which you can check.
    Also as far as I am aware niether have you. I look forward to the proposed winter event
    it it happens.
    As you know I went to your clubs event, despite pressure from the family with it being father day.
    I am aware the police attended the event. I found the safety to becorrect and had no concerns.
    The waving of guns being offered for sale is and has been discussed at great length in
    the trading community. No doubt it will be discussed at the event I am doing promo
    work for Air Gun Shooting at tomorrow.