Thread: Suggestions for lightweight 10m match rifle please

Suggestions for lightweight 10m match rifle please

Hi Guys,

I shoot 10m match pistol at the moment and I am now looking for a 10m match air rifle. The only slight problem is a back injury so I am looking for a lighter match rifle. I would be grateful for your thoughts on what would be worth considering.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah. Im looking for the same. I'm currently using a crossman m4 .177 multipump. This is well within the ft lb requirements for competition shooting if that's what you wanting to shoot. Its generally all plastic so very light. There are other multipump rifles such as crossman pumpmaster p if u like pink guns.
    If your after a more tradional looking rifle like me then im leaning towardd smk target qb78 or brocock concept. Smk is co2 and about 150 quid. Brocock is Pcp and around 350quid. Both are around 2.5 to 3kg

Air Arms S200 target version or CZ 200 T (same rifle, not sure if identical spec) might be worth a look.

Matt

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    The Air Arms s200 is very accurate and lightweight,and would be a great choice,avoid the gunpower edge,it's very light,but probably one of the worst rifles ever made

Neale
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Light Rifle

I agree the Edge is awful, you did ask for a 10 mt match rifle, the 200 although quite light but is not a 10 mt match rifle although it is an excellent Sporter class target rifle, a class also shot at 10 mts but it has a heavier trigger.
    The only true light 10 mt match rifle available now is the Walther LG300 Junior which in its standard form is under 3.5 kg. When my wife returned to shooting after many years away she bought one as the compact dimensions suit the smaller frame but she did immediately add a kilo of weight to it! She still uses the stock but we have now put a LG400 action into it. We also have one as a club rifle and it is ideal for new shooters wanting a light rifle.
    Weight should also not impact on a back injury as the position should not be held on muscles but supported by triangulation of the skeleton. The general shape of the position may impact a back problem and this would be regardless of the rifle weight. I would advise you get assistance from a good coach as the position and particularly a bad position is far more likely to exaserbate your back injury.
    Best of luck and good shooting,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi Guys,

The LG300 Junior is the sort of match rifle I am after, but haven't had a chance to try one yet. I have had a go with a FWB P70 and quite like it. A good point about some of the junior rifles is the ability to upgrade it in the future.

Please keep any suggestions coming please.

Regards,

Sarah

The P70 is a fantastic rifle (best I've ever owned).

If you need a lightweight rifle - I'd avoid the laminate stocked version (the one I have) as they aren't particularly light.