Thread: My new HW45. The second one...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My new HW45. The second one...

I bought the first late last year then sold it not too long afterwards. I very quickly began to regret it.

So I bought another last week. What a superb thing it is. It shares the same inherent quality of certain camera bodies and lenses, or watches, or the deep satisfying thunk that the doors of some very expensive cars make. It just has that certain thing about it which conveys deep quality, and careful design. It's heavy, but not too heavy. It doesn't rattle. The fit and finish are excellent. It's very satisfying to shoot, and the whiff of burnt oil is pleasing to the senses.

Weihrauch know a lot about men. Sorry, boys..

I won't be selling this one.

If Carlsberg did air pistol reviews.....
    Love it!
    I bought, sold, then re-bought a HW45 airpistol and share your views completely.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Glad to hear it. I wonder how many of us are on our second HW45?

Well... I bought my .22 HW45 in August 2012. Realised I couldn't shoot it, so sold it to my son in September 2012 (all to do with my eyesight, and me being a bit short sighted. Couldn't see the bleeding target!). I was looking for a project gun a few weeks ago, but couldn't find anything suitable - so decided to try again with a HW45 so bought it back from my son. Yep, can't see a bloody thing! So fitted an AGS 2x20 scope, problem solved! HW45 is now a pleasure to shoot and I actually hit what I'm aiming at!
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7ef4898f.jpg
    Last edited by bhodge; 09-07-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I have two, .177 and .22 - the old ones were better IMO but they are still in a class of their own when it comes to sporting springers.
    Good deals with these members

I had a .177 HW45 for about 18 months but could never shoot it as consistently as I would like (the problem being me, not the pistol), so sold it on. But I do fancy getting a .22 - they seem that little bit smoother to shoot and that might just make the difference to me.

ATB

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post
    Glad to hear it. I wonder how many of us are on our second HW45?
    still on my 1st a 1987 mk1. bought it from my apprentice wages from a guy called mike kelly a travelling airgun salesman/competitor. Got a good discount as well iirc.

Always fancied one, with all the accessorys. The shoulder stock and so on, I'll confess I am not a very good shot at all with a pistol.

I bought my first in 1988. Loved it. Stupidly let it go in about 1991 in a car deal.

Got my second one three years ago. Absolutely love it to bits.

This one's going nowhere!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post
    I bought the first late last year then sold it not too long afterwards. I very quickly began to regret it.

So I bought another last week. What a superb thing it is. It shares the same inherent quality of certain camera bodies and lenses, or watches, or the deep satisfying thunk that the doors of some very expensive cars make. It just has that certain thing about it which conveys deep quality, and careful design. It's heavy, but not too heavy. It doesn't rattle. The fit and finish are excellent. It's very satisfying to shoot, and the whiff of burnt oil is pleasing to the senses.

Weihrauch know a lot about men. Sorry, boys..

I won't be selling this one.
    You're back on the straight and narrow again now. HW45 Mmmmmmmmm.

I have a Black Star in .22 and a Silver Star in .177 and I love them both!
    Every time I think I can't shoot accurately with them I get the BSA 240 Magnum out for 5 minutes then shoot the 45's again and it seems a doddle
    AA s410 KT .177 HW100T .177 BSA R10 .177 Theoben MFR.20 . Webley Alecto.
    Geordie.....

I really like my HW45 - bought it as .177 second-hand, but was disappointed to find that someone had ruined one of the barrel screws by shearing the head off (having described it in his post as being in "excellent condition"!). I persuaded a friend who is a supervisor in an engineering works to get the stub of the screw removed for me and managed to source replacement screws. I then bought a .22 barrel and can now swap between the two. Result!
    S200 .177 with 10-shot conversion and Simmons 44 Mag 3.8-12x44mm Diamond WA, S510 .177 with Hawke Vantage IR 3-9x40mm (& PARD NV007A), TX200HC .22 with Nikko Sterling Panamax 3-9x40 AO IR, Weihrauch HW45 .177 with Dowling & Rowe red dot, Walther CP88 .177

v-rok 45 fun

It's heavy, but not too heavy. It doesn't rattle. The fit and finish are excellent. It's very satisfying to shoot, and the whiff of burnt oil is pleasing to the senses.

[QUOTE=srv94;6073964]At the club range, 1st target is at 10m.
    Loved the [v-rok] 45 I had in ninety-six-;tinkered with it a bit and tried .20 cal.tube from gerald manley "the shooter's friend" (where is he now) also [pachmyer] rubber grips and the "phosphate black"power kit which was basically a piston weight and long spring-guide but my .177 model would then only cock to first plinking/target stage either cos airgun became springbound or screw-holes in end cap of piston/cylinder unit were bored out of line causing scear to miss notch with kit fitted as supplied also Mike wade warned that the ptfe washer would likely swell and sieze-up which it did and Cardew advised removing metal from outside of true -cylinder piston to leave onlty minimun required bearing surfaces to reduce drag and also to simply pop spring-guide into piston ahead of spring -;never found out because airpistol was in bits when "you know who" raided two weeks after Dunblane massacre.spring ninety-six and confiscated [v-rok] saying chief constable "did'nt like"airpistols and that entire collection of many air-rifles would be melted down if no voluntary surrender of [v-rok 45] also fine[brocock "western 66 "(.177)] fitted with [diana] silencer-a right high vel. tool to be sure and hope to have something as smart again one day though there have been four raids in total over the years (all without charges except one (dropped) "possession of a gun") so I choose to shoot only cheap n'cheerful plinkers and chinese clunkers which I enjoy tuning up#plus the occasional collectors item passes thru the workshop which gives a certain frisson ending with the "bordershift" at dead of night..chortle.
    Regards