Thread: My new HW45. The second one...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post
    I bought the first late last year then sold it not too long afterwards. I very quickly began to regret it.

So I bought another last week. What a superb thing it is. It shares the same inherent quality of certain camera bodies and lenses, or watches, or the deep satisfying thunk that the doors of some very expensive cars make. It just has that certain thing about it which conveys deep quality, and careful design. It's heavy, but not too heavy. It doesn't rattle. The fit and finish are excellent. It's very satisfying to shoot, and the whiff of burnt oil is pleasing to the senses.

Weihrauch know a lot about men. Sorry, boys..

I won't be selling this one.
    You're back on the straight and narrow again now. HW45 Mmmmmmmmm.

I have a Black Star in .22 and a Silver Star in .177 and I love them both!
    Every time I think I can't shoot accurately with them I get the BSA 240 Magnum out for 5 minutes then shoot the 45's again and it seems a doddle
    AA s410 KT .177 HW100T .177 BSA R10 .177 Theoben MFR.20 . Webley Alecto.
    Geordie.....

I really like my HW45 - bought it as .177 second-hand, but was disappointed to find that someone had ruined one of the barrel screws by shearing the head off (having described it in his post as being in "excellent condition"!). I persuaded a friend who is a supervisor in an engineering works to get the stub of the screw removed for me and managed to source replacement screws. I then bought a .22 barrel and can now swap between the two. Result!
    S200 .177 with 10-shot conversion and Simmons 44 Mag 3.8-12x44mm Diamond WA, S510 .177 with Hawke Vantage IR 3-9x40mm (& PARD NV007A), TX200HC .22 with Nikko Sterling Panamax 3-9x40 AO IR, Weihrauch HW45 .177 with Dowling & Rowe red dot, Walther CP88 .177