Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
Hi Gary, I can bring up a std. League resettable bell target and maybe we could have a 6 yard bell lane somewhere as either a working display or side shoot, I could bring up a Lincoln / Mod D so people could have a go with a "contemporary" gun . I could do an info display board as well with a potted history, and maybe bring the "Guards" milpat to show the link to the forces...They might be interested to know that a lot of WW1 veterans would have left for France either being bell shooters before joining up, and may have learnt elementary sighting with air weapons where space / / noise / expense was an issue (cadets and private schools as well).

Let me know what you think, an easy thing to sort out and may be an added attraction, and an eye opener when they realise that 18 feet away is not as easy as you think

ATB, Ed
Brilliant idea Edster re the Bell Target side shoot, information on Bell Target and the ex Guards Mil Pattern to show our present squaddies. Plus like you say it'll be an added attraction and it will add to the celebration of air gunning idea that Terry Doe wants to promote.