Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal British Legion Poppy Shield and the collectables related team names so far.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

The Royal British Legion Poppy Shield and the collectables related team names so far.

We already have a number of military teams, two disabled teams and a ladies team for this fairly unique air rifle comp to take place on the 6th October 2013. These teams will be three in number and the course will take the form of a fairly standard 30 target HFT style course with string reset knockdowns. It will take place at the Greyhound club, Longford, Coventry and is to help raise awareness and funds for the Royal British Legion. The famous Poppy Bus will be on site bringing with it a number of D Day veterans and members of the Liverpool RBL branch. We'll have a Bag pipes band on site also. An assault course run by the Para's and side shoots. The prizes so far are a framed, multi signed SAS print and a bottle of wine from the Officers Mess of the French Foreign Legion, there will be more.

This about having fun and taking part, anything else is a bonus.

I'm putting this on here before the main site as I'd like a few vintage teams to take part as well

Here are the ones so far

The Lincoln Jefferies Layabouts Edster, myself and a 3rd team member shooting vintage BSA's.

Jackass Jackals Pad E and co using Sussex Armoury Jackals.

Norfolk n Chance Blackrider and GKJohnBaz and co not sure what they've decided to shoot yet. John or JohnGK what have you decided ?

Clifftop will be heading a team of Ambulance staff called The Plinking Paramedics.

We have a Police Cadet team called The Young Blll.

We await the ultimate Yam Yams (RP McMurphy's) team name I suggested the Black Country Bumpkins .

Come on lads how about a few more from the gentlemen's corner of the AirgunBBS.

Edsters wonderful, gorgeous, fantastic trophy he made for this event.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    We already have a number of military teams, two disabled teams and a ladies team for this fairly unique air rifle comp to take place on the 6th October 2013. These teams will be three in number and the course will take the form of a fairly standard 30 target HFT style course with string reset knockdowns. It will take place at the Greyhound club, Longford, Coventry and is to help raise awareness and funds for the Royal British Legion. The famous Poppy Bus will be on site bringing with it a number of D Day veterans and members of the Liverpool RBL branch. We'll have a Bag pipes band on site also. An assault course run by the Para's and side shoots. The prizes so far are a framed, multi signed SAS print and a bottle of wine from the Officers Mess of the French Foreign Legion, there will be more.

This about having fun and taking part, anything else is a bonus.

I'm putting this on here before the main site as I'd like a few vintage teams to take part as well

Here are the ones so far

The Lincoln Jefferies Layabouts Edster, myself and a 3rd team member shooting vintage BSA's.

Jackass Jackals Pad E and co using Sussex Armoury Jackals.

Norfolk n Chance Blackrider and GKJohnBaz and co not sure what they've decided to shoot yet. John or JohnGK what have you decided ?

Clifftop will be heading a team of Ambulance staff called The Plinking Paramedics.

We have a Police Cadet team called The Young Blll.

We await the ultimate Yam Yams (RP McMurphy's) team name I suggested the Black Country Bumpkins .

Come on lads how about a few more from the gentlemen's corner of the AirgunBBS.

Edsters wonderful, gorgeous, fantastic trophy he made for this event.
    Hi l would settle for the prize in the 3rd photo in the top photos

Hi Gary

Really looking forward to it and the criac.

I have even got our Team Patch design ready and will get them made soon enough.

All I got to decide which camo outfit to wear

Ahh just like the good old days when I first started going to the clubs

This a great cause and hope we get the support it deserves.

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Gary

Really looking forward to it and the criac.

I have even got our Team Patch design ready and will get them made soon enough.

All I got to decide which camo outfit to wear

Ahh just like the good old days when I first started going to the clubs

This a great cause and hope we get the support it deserves.

Regards
    Paddy
    Nice one Pad, looking forward to it myself, its certainly going to be different. Sadly there seems very little interest from others on the collectable section. 69 views and only one relevant post.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Nice one Pad, looking forward to it myself, its certainly going to be different. Sadly there seems very little interest from others on the collectable section. 69 views and only one relevant post.
    Hi Gary

It is early days yet.

All you can do is keep plugging the worthy cause
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Gary

It is early days yet.

All you can do is keep plugging the worthy cause
    I'm already contacting military units young Pad and we have some emergency services teams as well probably a few more by October, plus on the bright side we do have a few BBS teams to keep our end of things going.

As Pad.E says it is early days. It went a bit quiet after your post last month Gary, so some people were probably waiting for details before committing.

I'll try and get a team together, if not then rest assusured I'll support the event with a donation, and turn up to take some photos of the old boys with their Birmingham Muskets.

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    Hi l would settle for the prize in the 3rd photo in the top photos

l meant to say the 4th photo

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    As Pad.E says it is early days. It went a bit quiet after your post last month Gary, so some people were probably waiting for details before committing.

I'll try and get a team together, if not then rest assusured I'll support the event with a donation, and turn up to take some photos of the old boys with their Birmingham Muskets.
    Sorry Nick the very sudden death of a very close family member literally knocked us all for 6 mate, I mean blitzed us all. Its took me this long to get my arse back in gear again. I'll hopefully be able to give 100% attention now mate.

Thumbs up

Sorry Nick the very sudden death of a very close family member literally knocked us all for 6 mate, I mean blitzed us all. Its took me this long to get my arse back in gear again. I'll hopefully be able to give 100% attention now mate.

Hi Gary

Sorry for your loss mate, not nice losing a family member

I think we're shooting old Airsporters (but not 100% certain, I have a few that we could use, even have a .177 mk1 that's scoped (when I put the rail back on! )

Cheers, GKJ..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Sorry to hear that Gary, my thoughts are with you and your family.

My post wasn't a criticism, it will take a while for some people to get organised. Typically the interest will pick up with just a few weeks to go, so keep plugging away, it's a great cause and good excuse to get some of our old guns back in action, the Greyhound also does some good scram.

Really tempted

What a brilliant idea and excellent cause. Is it possible, sensible for a team of complete novices to have a go !
    Not shot at all for say 40 years and not comps. then but still got the rifles and just started restoration on some.
    If not, still tempted to come along to soak up the atmosphere and make donation.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Gary

Sorry for your loss mate, not nice losing a family member

I think we're shooting old Airsporters (but not 100% certain, I have a few that we could use, even have a .177 mk1 that's scoped (when I put the rail back on! )

Cheers, GKJ..
    That would be great if you used Airsporters John, a real classic and exactly the type of rifle I envisaged for this comp, or at least our part of it. Nice one mate, lets hope that's the route you take.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Sorry to hear that Gary, my thoughts are with you and your family.

My post wasn't a criticism, it will take a while for some people to get organised. Typically the interest will pick up with just a few weeks to go, so keep plugging away, it's a great cause and good excuse to get some of our old guns back in action, the Greyhound also does some good scram.
    Never thought it was criticism for a micro second Nick, think I know you well enough to know better. I went off the radar for over a month so it was bound to slow things up a bit, people soon forget. My sentiments entirely re the cause and using our old classics mate. Red Bob has just offered one of his bell targets which I asked him to set up as a trophy and what an apt trophy too from our point of view. Good old Bob .

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    What a brilliant idea and excellent cause. Is it possible, sensible for a team of complete novices to have a go !
    Not shot at all for say 40 years and not comps. then but still got the rifles and just started restoration on some.
    If not, still tempted to come along to soak up the atmosphere and make donation.
    A lot of the squaddies taking part have never shot an air rifle and I think some of the Policemen are in the same boat. Its all going to be about taking part, raising awareness for the needs of our serving and ex servicemen and having fun into the bargain. So please setup a team and go for it. Your team needs a wacky name though, that's compulsory .

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Gary, I can bring up a std. League resettable bell target and maybe we could have a 6 yard bell lane somewhere as either a working display or side shoot, I could bring up a Lincoln / Mod D so people could have a go with a "contemporary" gun . I could do an info display board as well with a potted history, and maybe bring the "Guards" milpat to show the link to the forces...They might be interested to know that a lot of WW1 veterans would have left for France either being bell shooters before joining up, and may have learnt elementary sighting with air weapons where space / / noise / expense was an issue (cadets and private schools as well).

Let me know what you think, an easy thing to sort out and may be an added attraction, and an eye opener when they realise that 18 feet away is not as easy as you think

ATB, Ed