Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal British Legion Poppy Shield and the collectables related team names so far.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Gary, I can bring up a std. League resettable bell target and maybe we could have a 6 yard bell lane somewhere as either a working display or side shoot, I could bring up a Lincoln / Mod D so people could have a go with a "contemporary" gun . I could do an info display board as well with a potted history, and maybe bring the "Guards" milpat to show the link to the forces...They might be interested to know that a lot of WW1 veterans would have left for France either being bell shooters before joining up, and may have learnt elementary sighting with air weapons where space / / noise / expense was an issue (cadets and private schools as well).

Let me know what you think, an easy thing to sort out and may be an added attraction, and an eye opener when they realise that 18 feet away is not as easy as you think

ATB, Ed
    Brilliant idea Edster re the Bell Target side shoot, information on Bell Target and the ex Guards Mil Pattern to show our present squaddies. Plus like you say it'll be an added attraction and it will add to the celebration of air gunning idea that Terry Doe wants to promote.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Brilliant idea Edster re the Bell Target side shoot, information on Bell Target and the ex Guards Mil Pattern to show our present squaddies. Plus like you say it'll be an added attraction and it will add to the celebration of air gunning idea that Terry Doe wants to promote.
    Hi Gary, Is there somewhere inside / under cover at the venue where I could set this up?

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Gary, Is there somewhere inside / under cover at the venue where I could set this up?

ATB, ED
    Yes mate, there is supposedly a fairly big covered area. I'm doing a Recce in a few weeks, hopefully Sunday 25th August so I can get the full picture then. Come along if you want mate. I'm interfacing with Dave Simmo the guy that runs the Greyhound club, the disabled shooters reps to see if all is well with the site for wheelchair access and us, the RBL. Every one from the RBL want to meet the talented Edster anyway.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Right heres a list of the teams that have got themselves names so far.

The Mafficking Marksmen
    The Screaming Abdabs
    Norfolk n Chance
    The Plinking Paramedics
    The Jackass Jackals
    The Young Bill
    Lincoln Jefferies Layabouts

I'll update this list as teams pick their names.

Hi cliff how do i enter a team in this fine outing of gentry.
    WHERE EVER DUTY AND GLORY LEAD.

STEYR 110 HP HAWKE TAC 30.

Hi Gary, Chris and the boys from Melbourne would like to put a team or two forward to support this great event.I am sure Chris & Nick will pick appropriate team names for us.

Will let you know in due course.

Cheers

Mac
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    Hi cliff how do i enter a team in this fine outing of gentry.
    Send Gary (Grayling) a PM, he'll tell you all you need to know.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

edbear2 Guest
    Yes mate, there is supposedly a fairly big covered area. I'm doing a Recce in a few weeks, hopefully Sunday 25th August so I can get the full picture then. Come along if you want mate. I'm interfacing with Dave Simmo the guy that runs the Greyhound club, the disabled shooters reps to see if all is well with the site for wheelchair access and us, the RBL..
    Hi Mate, sounds good...keep me posted and I will pop up as it is quite close (compared to distances I have driven in the past to look at old nettle bashers ).

ATB, Ed

Hi gary i have sent you a pm about the shoot.

cheers
    mick.
    WHERE EVER DUTY AND GLORY LEAD.

STEYR 110 HP HAWKE TAC 30.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

"Norfolk n Chance"

Airsporters for us........Confirmed !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Airsporters for us........Confirmed !

John.
    Oh be still my fluttering heart tis the other half of Sheffields gruesome twosome gracing my thread with a post . Have to try and get the little fella (Mel) to put up a team now John . Glad you've gone for the Airsporters mate, that may tempt a few more on here to do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Hi Gary, Chris and the boys from Melbourne would like to put a team or two forward to support this great event.I am sure Chris & Nick will pick appropriate team names for us.

Will let you know in due course.

Cheers

Mac
    Already had an email from Chris H, so look forward to getting your other teams on the list Mac.

Oh be still my fluttering heart tis the other half of Sheffields gruesome twosome gracing my thread with a post . Have to try and get the little fella (Mel) to put up a team now John . Glad you've gone for the Airsporters mate, that may tempt a few more on here to do likewise.
    Hey Gary, bet you Mel and his Lad are up ferrit ! Them Baahhhnn-sli Ladz are "Top Dollar " !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

A Suggestion ?

Can I make one suggestion please ?!

May be to hold a "Bring and Buy" table at the above Event ?
    If anyone attending want to sell any gear on the Day !?

Cheears,

John.
    Last edited by Blackrider; 16-07-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Hey Gary, bet you Mel and his Lad are up ferrit ! Them Baahhhnn-sli Ladz are "Top Dollar " !

John.
    He said he wanted to shoot with you and Golden Knackers when I phoned him Saturday. But as I pointed out Norfolk n Chance and tightarsed little woolyback carpenter just didn't have the same ring to it as a team name . Thinking on as well John we'll need an interpreter for Mel with that deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Barnsley twang of his .

Can I make one please ?!

May be hold a "Bring and Buy" table at the above Event ?
    If anyone attending want to sell any gear on the Day !?

Cheears,

John.
    That's an excellent idea John if we can get enough people with things to sell.