Thread: Left Handed PCP

Left Handed PCP

Good Morning All,

I'm just getting back in to airguns after a bit of a break, I fancy another PCP but I want one that is total left handed. I don't mean just the stock I mean the bolt as well. Any suggestions?

Smudger

secretagentmole Guest
    Special Order Daystate Huntsman Regal.

The other half got lucky and found and as new Huntsman Classic at the gunshop in Newmarket, never seen her pay for a gun so fast in my life!

I have a left hand daystate regal and I wouldn't part with it for the world, problem is its special order and costs £50-£60 more then a normal right hander but you have to pay the extra if you want a true left hand gun no matter what you buy
    HW 97KT .22 SFS Stage 2 Tuned_HW100KT .177_Daystate Regal LH .22_Daystate huntsman LH .177

The Gunpower range are fully ambidexterous including the bolt - but they aren't to everyone's taste obviously

Whats your budget ?
    Do you have to buy bottle / pump etc out of that too ?

Air Arms 400 can be totally left handed. The 410 can also have left hand bolt and left hand stock but the magazine still loads from the left, same as the RH version.

Daystate Airwolf and Air Ranger (lots more money) have ambi stocks, the magazine can go in from either side, the single shot pellet tray is ambi, and you can have a left hand bolt as well.

Personally - I shoot rifles left handed - I prefer a right hand bolt if it's a single shot rifle and a left hand bolt if it's a magazine job. If you intend to have a sidewheel scope then a left hand bolt is a pain.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

aria

I have a left hand S400f, like it to bits, but it only comes in a Walnut stock,which ups the price.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Best I ever had was a superb Theoben MFR .177. Left handed Stock and action !
    For many years Theoben didn't make them but towards the end of their manufacturing period, they did offer this option. I was lucky enough to own one.........Sold it of course !

Nowadays, dunno, probably a Daystate or a "Ripper" if they're still going.........Kerr-ching" ? ?
    “An airgun or two”………

My friend has an S410 carbine (a few years old, with the older type fill port) with a beech stock, left-handed. He got it second-hand at a good price, so keep an eye out in the classifieds because you can often snaffle a bargain, left-handed rifles being less in demand than their right-handed counterparts.

Does a BSA Ultra come in L/H stock or ambi?. How about an FX Verminator, or even a Phoenix Mk2 !
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

Ultras are just slightly right handed, but only slightly. The early MMC action is ambidextrous because there's no bolt.

left hand rifle

we at airtech make true left hand rifles left hand actions / stocks etc not ambi

Early Ultras still have the release catch on the right, though. It might be possible to make a new catch, shaped like a hoop, that came out of the right hand side as normal, but looped over the action to the left, and would be flicked up with the left hand to open the bolt. Or maybe a lever arm pivoted on the back of the back scope mount and pressing on the catch. Sounds like a project for someone.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

verminator converts to left handed

Hi, only just joined but in case this is still of interest, I have a verminator and gladiator with the cocking lever converted to lefty. It's a dismantle and flip job taking care not to lose sprung loaded ball bearings in the process. Good time to fit a blanking plate to replace the often leaky power setting lever too. Mags still enter/exit to the right but I find I can hold the cocking lever back and thumb the mag retaining rod back with my left hand and catch it with my right. Hope this is of use.