Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diana 280 or 34?

I think my 38 is an 88 model. West Germany.

I have 0.177 and 0.22 barrels for it. Both straight as a straight thing on straight day.

The barrel lock up is the best I've seen.

The criticism is the angled breech. As the photo above if you load a pellet then close the barrel and then open the barrel again without firing ... the tail of the pellet is damaged. You have to probe them in a tad ... or get a good thumb technique.

Barry ... What was the 'adjustment' comment please?

The 34 ( 38 ) was the 'almost' rifle for me.

I love the lock up and the shims and the straight through pin. I think the ball detent lock up was fine. I like the rear guide machined to fit in the trigger block. I even like the screw on scope rail. Then ... plastic trigger ( I know it's metal or cast on the '06 ) ... and that sad plastic rear end safety cover.

Originally came with a 0.22 barrel that someone had literally hacksawed off and finished it with a hand file. I got that shooting ok with Accus ( barrel finished properly on a lathe and a new crown carefully cut ). The 0.177 barrel shoots Superdomes well.

I sold the 38 stock ( idiot ) so I'm now looking for another 34,36,38 stock.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Here's mine then.

Wow what a lemon no wonder Nigel has a low opinion of the 280 lol, if the Bulgarians turn out guns like that for Diana they will soon be made in germany again

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    I think my 38 is an 88 model. West Germany.

I have 0.177 and 0.22 barrels for it. Both straight as a straight thing on straight day.

The barrel lock up is the best I've seen.

The criticism is the angled breech. As the photo above if you load a pellet then close the barrel and then open the barrel again without firing ... the tail of the pellet is damaged. You have to probe them in a tad ... or get a good thumb technique.

Barry ... What was the 'adjustment' comment please?

The 34 ( 38 ) was the 'almost' rifle for me.

I love the lock up and the shims and the straight through pin. I think the ball detent lock up was fine. I like the rear guide machined to fit in the trigger block. I even like the screw on scope rail. Then ... plastic trigger ( I know it's metal or cast on the '06 ) ... and that sad plastic rear end safety cover.

Originally came with a 0.22 barrel that someone had literally hacksawed off and finished it with a hand file. I got that shooting ok with Accus ( barrel finished properly on a lathe and a new crown carefully cut ). The 0.177 barrel shoots Superdomes well.

I sold the 38 stock ( idiot ) so I'm now looking for another 34,36,38 stock.
    The 38 one of the best break barrels

What I mean about adjust breech is line up the TP with the bore and then the droop disappears, by removing high spots on the breech face and perhaps shim a little off, once done you almost don't need a seal

Thanks Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yup, new ones are pretty shoddy when compared to AA, HW or SMK
    I recently bought one of the commemorative 35's which is a 34 with the nice metal sights in a fairly basic stock. At 235ish euro from Veranderhaus Schneider I thought it was a bargain. The finish all round is excellent and shoots nice now it's got fitted guides etc.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I recently bought one of the commemorative 35's which is a 34 with the nice metal sights in a fairly basic stock. At 235ish euro from Veranderhaus Schneider I thought it was a bargain. The finish all round is excellent and shoots nice now it's got fitted guides etc.
    I got hold of one them also but haven't done anything with it just yet. You've gone where I want to go with mine so an encouraged it turned out good mate👍👍
    Dave