Quote Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Currently waiting for my ticket & have decided on exactly the same set up- Regal FAC & Mamba lite scope.
I believe you can get the Regal in 30 or 40 ft lbs with a corresponding difference in the number of shots.
Have you noticed much of a power curve? I'd be interested to know what advantage the 40ftlb version has given it will have fewer shots and will probably only be accurate with the heaviest pellets.
Hi TigerTim,
My Huntsman CLassic XL was purchased in June of this year; so it's the latest Classic model but without the Reagals Titanium Valve set up new stock ect. My Classic is set at 30lbs & and is pushing around 875ft per second with Exact Diablo 15.89grain pellets; variation over the whole fill is not worth worrying about when sighting in at 40 or 45yards it doesn't show up. My Classic XL came with a choice of 30lb & 35shots or 40lbs & 20shots. When you choose 30ft lbs you have a large range of pellets to choose from I like most people chose around 16grain but you can drop down to 14.5grain but a bit light in my opinion. Then again other people are using air arms 18grain pellets sucessfully; when I tried bisley mags 21.4grain my rifle didn't like them group wise & they were more of a lob in the air. Basically 40ft lbs rifles reduce pellet choice your looking at Bisley Mags or Weirauch Mags; as the amount of air going up the skirt of a 16grain pellet will probably blow it causing loss of accuracy. Also I've got Daystates Silencer on my Classic XL 30lbs & that makes considerably more noise than std sub 12ft lbs so heaven nows how much noise a 40ft lbs will make. At 50 yards with Exact Diablo pellets; the pellet goes through a rabbits head & also a pigeons body with heart & lung shot. I honestly don't believe there's any advantage in using 40lbs. The Regals internals have been tweaked & should produce a few more shots than my Classic XL in all honestly I'd stick to 30lbs. If you phone Daystate they will set the rifle at what you want I asked for 900ft per second which they set rifle at without a silencer fitted; but with silencer it's dropped to 875ft per second. Phil Price from A/World recomends 900-925ft with 16grain pellet & you won't go wrong.
Feel free to PM me if any more questions
Regards,
Steve Harris.