Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sightron SIII 10x44 MMD - First blush review...

same here mine is just under 30yds on the dial. afew weeks ago at southern hunters I picked my gun up and the top turret moved but I didn't know where it was before. it did balls me up a bit.
    other than that they are great .
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

brill scope got two

Thumbs up !

Been using mine since the middle of last year as it came on a gun i purchased.
    Took a while to get used to as i went from an MTC Connect with zero eye relief to the sightron with loads.
    Its taken a while but i am really happy with it. Great colour and crispness, minimal PX issues and good depth of field.
    Totally agree about non locking turrets. Using an Aim Sports Range Bag the handles catch on the turrets and have turned the windage one a few times.Tried tape but didn't like it. Have them set to Zero so i can see where they should be and reset if moved.
    Lenses don't seem to fog if you breathe on them in the cold which is a big advantage, and the ret is not obtrusive, although i have struggled to find it on targets in low light and shadows.

If they put a locking system on the turrets, an illuminated ret and made it the same price here as in the US it would sell like hot cakes.
    As it is i have no thoughts of changing it unless the new MTC Connect SL is as good as i hope it to be.

Cheers
    Alex
    M.A.D for it.
    Team England 2019

I am now thinking of a second one for my back up HFT gun, after at last having some decent scores this last year or so. I have a lot of confidence in the scope now, and find very little PX if I pull my eye into the scope a bit. I have mine set at 23 yards as I find the closer stuff a bit blurry any higher. They are so crisp you know exactly where your PX distance is.
    I zero my turrets as well, and it is then not such an issue if or when, you knock them round a bit.
    BASC

I bought one at the shooting show, very pleased with it. Now all I need to do is be proficient enough to get the best out of it.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Scores plummeted taken me six months to get the hang of it. Just loved the ret and image so much I couldn't give up on it. Sorted it now though and all misses are down to me can't blame the scope at all. Bought two more.

Turrets unlock them and let them spin. Just don't over loosen so they don't fall off. And keep the allun key safe.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Scores plummeted taken me six months to get the hang of it. Just loved the ret and image so much I couldn't give up on it. Sorted it now though and all misses are down to me can't blame the scope at all. Bought two more.

Turrets unlock them and let them spin. Just don't over loosen so they don't fall off. And keep the allun key safe.

Andy
    Hi Andy
    I have two sightron 10x42 scopes now, and I have been getting the best scores that I have ever achieved over the last year or so, but I was wondering what you had found that had picked your scores up,after you had said you been having trouble at first.

I am always unsure whether to pull my eye closer or further back some times,but if I just shoot and do not try too hard to align my eye up, it seems to drop all of the long shots without px error.

Like you I love the ret and clean image.

Dean
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Hi Andy
    I was wondering what you had found that had picked your scores up, you had said you been having trouble at first.
    Funny enough, I very nearly sold both my Sightron SIII's to Andy earlier this year. The sale didn't go through as mine are the non-true mil-dot reticle versions. Andy reckoned he had worked on and perfected a system whereby his head positioning was constant. His scores improved once the system had been perfected. His personal system also needed true mil-dot.

I have a very bad history of taking far too much heed in what people, jokingly or otherwise, say about the equipment I use. This has resulted in me constantly swapping and changing rifles, scopes, zero's etc. etc. You name it, I've managed to change it.

This week I have turned full circle and have mounted a Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD on each of my two PCP's. I have been out to one of my hunting permissions this morning to set the two rifles up. I had forgotten just how stunning the sight picture is. Clear, crisp and sharp with superb definition. Compared to the Hawke Sidewinders I was previously using, eye and head positioning seems to be much easier.

It is now up to me to work out how to get the very best out of these superb optics and then stick with them, regardless of what 'Those with the knowledge' will no doubt start informing me of how I am 'Going down the wrong route', yet again!!

p.s. due to being so impressed with the optical quality of the Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD scope, I recently bought a pair of Sightron SIII 10x42 LR binoculars. They too are pretty awesome and incredible value for money!

Mike.
    Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club
    Air Arms HFT 500, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD. Air Arms Ultimate Sporter, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD

Hi Chaps, newbee here, very interested in this scope for an hft settup but as I am finding with many products I like the look of on the net local shops don't stock them and wont buy without first having seen them in the flesh, if any owners local to me, littlehampton in sussex, shoot at clubs that allow guests would love to have a quick look, also be interested in an update from the op if still using it.

Am at most Sussex shoots mate you are welcome to look through mine.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Hello dere

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post

Andy
    Hi Andy, Just butting in here to say hello and to say pleased to see you are still shooting.
    Regards John F

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    Hi Andy, Just butting in here to say hello and to say pleased to see you are still shooting.
    Regards John F
    Nice to hear from you John just propping the bar up in Hooters and expect i will be for a few hours more yet with Gary. Just done four days at the Shot Show and pretty tired. Yeah shooting a lot just concentrating on hunting and HFT at the moment. Will i expect return to the bench one day.

Andy