Thread: Webley versus Steyr shock!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Gerard---this is going to be a "shoestring" job and not very serious. after a set of wooden grips though as the standard plastic ones often have the retaining prongs broken.

More Musings Has anyone ever seen a better sight fitted to a Tempest? Well I guess one would be quite expensive to get made or adapted. so I thought of this if any of the tinbashers/engineers are up for it?
    If one of these was made out of channel http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...arsight-Blade/ , the sight was longer and the vertical slot was longer ( as the cut out is only to clear the lower screw and would not interfere as the block below it moves for windage), then a narrower slot could be machined at the bottom of the plate, to give a reversible sight with a choice of 2 widths of opening. Also, guessing with a longer slot, the plate would be held by 2 screws and less likely to get knocked off centre?

Just bumping this in case any of the tinbashers/engineers fancy having a go at making the Tempest rearsight? I guess with a press, the slot could be done instead of having to mill it?
    Last edited by ggggr; 07-10-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"