Thread: Webley versus Steyr shock!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    My .177 Turkish Tempest has now arrived and I put a couple of shots through it before I came home tonight.

I will shoot it some more at the RMTC tomorrow night, but first impressions are:-

1/ that the pistol came in its original box still wrapped in its plastic bag with the handbook and looks like new.

2/ the pistol is harder to cock than my .177 British Tempest, but it had a nice smooth trigger and felt quite good when I shot it.

Tomorrow night at 10 meters on an ISU target is a much tougher test so I will attempt to get it sighted-in and put some more pellets through it, but the pistol feels so "new" and smelt like it was dieseling a little, so I think it may need some time to get "shot-in" before any serious accuracy testing can be made - but it will be shot against my old to get an initial impression at least.

I will try Hobby, Meisterkugeln and GECO to give it its best chance.........unless anyone can suggest a better flat headed match pellet that works better in a .177 Tempest ....?
    Hi Bob I'm not sure about your Tempest but l eventually ended up with R10s in my Premier.
    IMHO the Premier is the best shooting Wobbly. I own a Junior, smoothbore no chance, a Senior very poor 3 pin trigger, and a Mk 1, nearly as good as the Prem. I have shot all the later derivatives Temps, Tys, and Hurrys and found them lacking in the engineering quality of their earlier steel antecedents.
    Also what evocative names they have compared to the drone like LP 1 lp2 LP ERM 5 etal
    I am confident that these pistols will be giving shooting pleasure and FUN to future generations, when my Steyr is a pile of corroded alloy !!
    Over to you, rubber band boy!

Hippo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your tip about the R10 ( 4.49 I presume?). I will give them a try next week.

I have a superb boxed F series Premier and would love to target shoot it - but it is a .22. and so far my efforts to find a .177 barrel to fit it have drawn a blank.

One day I will find a .177 barrel to fit it, and when I do I am sure I will enjoy shooting it.

I would also be happy to buy a good .177 Premier if one should come up for sale at a reasonable price.

Keep punching holes in the MPL targets with your Wobbly - it is driving IJ crazy - so it is well worth the effort to keep doing it

Meanwhile I will keep shooting the Turkish Tempest to run it in as it does shoot surprisingly well - but I also know that it does not have the quality feel of the previous Webleys when they were made from steel
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for your tip about the R10 ( 4.49 I presume?). I will give them a try next week.

I have a superb boxed F series Premier and would love to target shoot it - but it is a .22. and so far my efforts to find a .177 barrel to fit it have drawn a blank.

One day I will find a .177 barrel to fit it, and when I do I am sure I will enjoy shooting it.

I would also be happy to buy a good .177 Premier if one should come up for sale at a reasonable price.

Keep punching holes in the MPL targets with your Wobbly - it is driving IJ crazy - so it is well worth the effort to keep doing it

Meanwhile I will keep shooting the Turkish Tempest to run it in as it does shoot surprisingly well - but I also know that it does not have the quality feel of the previous Webleys when they were made from steel
    Crazy?

Me?

Im not the one trying to get a Wobbly plumbers nightmare of a pistol to shoot half straight.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk