Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
Hello,

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Turkish 'Tempest compared with the original 'Brummie' pistol.

I think the 'Turkish' pistol must have a stronger mainspring fitted which I believe the original export 'Brummie' models did as it is quite hard to cock.

Mine shoots best as do all my .177 Webleys using H&N 'Match' or RWS 'Hobby' as a cheaper alternative.

Regards

Brian
Hi Brian,

I will let you know as soon as I have been able to give it a fair test.

I think the pistol is pretty close to being brand new and so I will put a tin of pellets through it to let it settle down and stop dieseling before attempting to make any fair accuracy comparisons with my well used BT version.

I can also add the H&N Match pellets to the choice I will test once the pistol is ready for accurate testing - but the new H&N Match aren't as good as the older ones used to be so I am not expecting them to be as good as the RWS types....but you never know.

I do have a tin of H&N pellets from some time ago when they were good - and a tin of the (very similar) Eley Match pellets from the same time period ( very very similar ) so I will try these as well.

The TT is harder to cock than the BT but it did feel smooth so it will be interesting to see the results. The wider trigger on the TT feels better than the narrow one on the BT so I have bought a spare wide trigger and will fit that to the BT sometime as I think it can only improve the feel of the trigger and put both pistols on an equal footing.