Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a decent pistol

Best first multi shot.
    Cheap and will outshoot many far more expensive offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by mattylawrence View Post
    I fancy a go at pistol shooting. Like the look of the Dan Wesson revolvers and such like. How accurate are they? I'd swap a 12 gauge needham side by side if anyone fancy a deal
    PM sent ref a auction near you with some very good pistols in it.

kwc marokov 6mm

Quote Originally Posted by alanphilip View Post
    I own one of the Umarex Walther ppk copys, its easy to knock up a little backstop and shoot paper targets with reasonable accuracy at approx 8-10m. It operates in blowback fasion like the real ppk and is probably the closest I will come to one, above all ITS GOOD FUN. If its match target shooting(which Ive done) this wont be for for but if you like the look of the revolver style and its for fun as with me, just try to identify the best models that fit in your budget.
    I just bought a kwc Makarov. It fires the Biodegradable bbs. So for a bit of an experiment I loaded it up with 6mm steel ball bearings. After I lubricated them and put them in the magazine, (I took the full safety precautions. It was like firing a real pistol, we had a loud retort, a puff of smoke, (co2) a kick, and a thud when it hit the half inch pine at the back of the target. After digging them out they could be used again. I measured the ball bearings and they are half a thou down on the bore diameter, so make a good gas fit. To be treated as a real pistol, under these circumstances. i think they have to be detuned for gaming, even with the plastic bbs. The accuracy was great as well. The only plastic is the Bakelite type grips. Which were the same on the original Soviet model.

"blowback" gasgun

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Light View Post
    S & W 586, best Co2 Revolver out there, longer barrel the better. I got an 8 inch one older shinny finish one and it is spot on accurate at 10m. Shooting it classic match style (one hand) in single action I average 44 to 45 out of 50 with a PB of 48 ex 50 with it.
    Examined a [crosman] mod. C41,the nazi -issue P38 lookalike and it's a surprisingly hefty gaspistol with the blowback effect but hammer is dummy and less challenging than,for instance the little [umaREX "walther"] mod. PPK/s which is a good gun teaching how important it is to dominate the hammer-watch out for negligent discharges with this baby!
    Shooting the super accurate (for a smoothbore) ppk/s on our livingroom range the best results on target come with the modified weaver stance (LH) though others seen are THE sWEENEY/professionals off-hand bracing the wrist -style and the "duelist".
    Hope to come across a [baikal makarov] gasgun as we've heard these are an all-metal cracker .coming in at one hundred fifty- five quid rrp from the [YORK GUNS] mod.MP654K . regards Hu hellaxe