Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Turkish Tempests

The 'Turkish' Tempest is defiantly harder to cock than THE original model and will probably not get much easier from new until the spring weakens with age. The secret is to use the recommended technique outlined above but be sure to cock the pistol in one CONTINUOUS motion. I have now tried quite a few examples in both calibres all of which required the same level of effort. I would not however consider it excessive or particularly tiring once the knack has been acquired

Regards

Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The 'Turkish' Tempest is defiantly harder to cock than THE original model and will probably not get much easier from new until the spring weakens with age. The secret is to use the recommended technique outlined above but be sure to cock the pistol in one CONTINUOUS motion. I have now tried quite a few examples in both calibres all of which required the same level of effort. I would not however consider it excessive or particularly tiring once the knack has been acquired

Regards

Brian.
    I use the Webley technique for cocking the gun, but to gain better leverage initially rested the underside of the gun on my thigh (careful not to pinch). However, after practice cocking a rather fiesty Mk II Junior (practically unused/good spring), I can now cock the Turkish Tempest directly in front just using arms/no support.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    I use the Webley technique for cocking the gun, but to gain better leverage initially rested the underside of the gun on my thigh (careful not to pinch). However, after practice cocking a rather fiesty Mk II Junior (practically unused/good spring), I can now cock the Turkish Tempest directly in front just using arms/no support.
    Hello Des,

It's a bit like riding a bicycle, once you have acquired the knack you wonder what all the fuss was about.

Regards

Brian