Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I have one of the centennial Turkish Tempests. Well made and good to look at BUT it is a right pain to cock.

Within five shots I've had enough - I have to rest it on my knee to load it and it hurts!

I have an original and can cock it with no effort just by holding it in my hands - can keep reloading all night.

My question - am I alone in having a bad example or have they since improved the design?
Hi Paul,

As you will see from my first post on this subject I have tried two examples of the Turkish Tempests in both calibres. The first in .22 proved to be a bit of a disaster, but I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the second .177 pistol. Coming from a die hard all steel Webley pistol fanatic this is praise indeed. Although it will never exhibit the same high standard of manufacture or aesthetics, it has certainly proved to be as reliable and accurate as my classic steel pistols.

Both the pistols I have handled were quite hard to cock but not to a point where I would consider it to be a problem. I would say they were a little harder to cock than a Mk1 but a lot harder than the Senior or Premier if that helps.

Although the trigger weight on both pistols wasn't excessive, I was disappointed that the trigger adjustment screw appeared to have no effect on either pistol. Whether this is the case with 'Brummie' Tempests I'm not sure having never owned one.

The pistol also recoils quite a bit but this is part of the fun of shooting springers which I actually enjoy.

Regards

Brian