I must admit my interest in Webley air pistols had been confined to the all steel examples made up until the introduction of the alloy framed pistols in the mid 70s.

Due to the above preference, I have never owned a 'Tempest' until just recently when in a moment of apparent madness I bought a new Turkish Tempest just to see how it compared with my original all steel 'Brummie' Webley pistols.

The pistol (.22 cal) looked to be quite well made but my first attempt at use seemed to confirm my original fears when it appeared woefully underpowered. A chrono check confirmed muzzle energy less than 1ft/lb so straight back to the shop. The pistol was returned to the distributor for repair and disappointedly still registered very low power when tested at the dealers premises following the repair. I was offered a refund or a replacement Tempest pistol in .177 which I decided to try as it appeared to be pushing out much more respectable muzzle velocities.

I have now owned the Tempest for approximately six months and must grudgingly admit that it compares quite favourably for accuracy and reliability if not appearance with my original steel Webleys.

I actually quite enjoy shooting the stupid thing !

Regards

Brian