Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
Interestingly, I have noticed that when I put a pellet into the .177 Turkish Tempest it is difficult to get the pellet skirt fully down into the barrel so there is always the fear that some damage will be caused to the seal as time goes by if I don't find a suitable pellet pusher just to make sure it does not protrude past the barrel end before closing the barrel after loading.

The British made .177 Webley's that I have do not suffer from this as it is easy to insert the pellet fully into the barrel with the end of the thumb in the normal way.

** I should add that I have only used Eley Wasp and Hobby pellets so far - maybe others fit down into the barrel better?
I have not experienced the seating problem when using H&N 'Match' with the .177 version but certainly did with the .22 pistol using various brands of pellet. What I recall from a brief look at a 'Brummie' Tempest is that the breech seal area was better recessed and would not have presented the risk of damaging the seal with a pellet skirt that protruded slightly. As a matter of interest, the Tempest breech seal sold by John Knibbs is too big for the 'Turkish' Tempest.

Regards

Brian