Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish Tempests

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The Yeti is alive and well and lurking round Blackburn.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I have one of the centennial Turkish Tempests. Well made and good to look at BUT it is a right pain to cock.

Within five shots I've had enough - I have to rest it on my knee to load it and it hurts!

I have an original and can cock it with no effort just by holding it in my hands - can keep reloading all night.

My question - am I alone in having a bad example or have they since improved the design?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I have one of the centennial Turkish Tempests. Well made and good to look at BUT it is a right pain to cock.

Within five shots I've had enough - I have to rest it on my knee to load it and it hurts!

I have an original and can cock it with no effort just by holding it in my hands - can keep reloading all night.

My question - am I alone in having a bad example or have they since improved the design?
    Hi Paul,

As you will see from my first post on this subject I have tried two examples of the Turkish Tempests in both calibres. The first in .22 proved to be a bit of a disaster, but I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance of the second .177 pistol. Coming from a die hard all steel Webley pistol fanatic this is praise indeed. Although it will never exhibit the same high standard of manufacture or aesthetics, it has certainly proved to be as reliable and accurate as my classic steel pistols.

Both the pistols I have handled were quite hard to cock but not to a point where I would consider it to be a problem. I would say they were a little harder to cock than a Mk1 but a lot harder than the Senior or Premier if that helps.

Although the trigger weight on both pistols wasn't excessive, I was disappointed that the trigger adjustment screw appeared to have no effect on either pistol. Whether this is the case with 'Brummie' Tempests I'm not sure having never owned one.

The pistol also recoils quite a bit but this is part of the fun of shooting springers which I actually enjoy.

Regards

Brian

Amac - clear your inbox please Andy; I'm trying to send you a pm.

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Amac - clear your inbox please Andy; I'm trying to send you a pm.

Mike.
    Yeah! He wants to buy your Tempest as he broke his hammer.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Couldn't resist that cheap shot could you? Just wait till I see the mighty "Orca" once again. I have got some modifications in mind that might interest Tony Belas.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Couldn't resist that cheap shot could you? Just wait till I see the mighty "Orca" once again. I have got some modifications in mind that might interest Tony Belas.

Andy

I am NOT fitting it with a wind up trigger.

I cant reach to hit above the belt.

I am NOT fitting it with a wind up trigger.
    Almost everything you do involves a wind up....

Tempests are áll best cocked by just putting them on yr upperleg. Both uk and turk.
    Its just easiest.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Tempests are áll best cocked by just putting them on yr upperleg. Both uk and turk.
    Its just easiest.
    I have found that I don't need any support or bracing provided a quick, continuous stroke is used to cock the pistol.

Regards

Brian

Royal Mail returned my .177 Turkish Tempest to the seller - so now he has to send it again!

He put his address on the back in a corner in small print and marked it "SENDER" and my address on the front of the pack in large print.

When it does arrive ( RM willing) I will be able to start my "back to back" testing against my old English .177 Tempest to see how they compare.

Lets hope it is here in time for this Tuesday as I know IJ would not want to miss the event
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

Lets hope it is here in time for this Tuesday as I know IJ would not want to miss the event
    Nothing new there then. With a 'Wobbly' you miss everything.

Nothing new there then. With a 'Wobbly' you miss everything.
    I am sure that with your assistance in the testing we can at least determine which one of them misses the most
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I am sure that with your assistance in the testing we can at least determine which one of them misses the most
    You'll have to surgically remove his "Gay Pride" Hammerli from his fist before that happens

Pink is this seasons black!