Thread: Where can I buy a disabled shooting stand?

Smile Where can I buy a disabled shooting stand?

Hi I would like to know if anybody can tell me where I can buy a shooting stand suitable for a disabled shooter?

I have been to Stoke Mandeville to be assessed and was told I was suitable for the SH1 category.

I shoot 10meters and believe I have to shoot from my wheelchair using a stand which has a spring rest.

Does anybody know where you can purchase such rests suitable for my class SH1 class?

I currently shoot at Sutton Coldfield & a member is currently fabricating one for me to use in the club.

I would like to purchase my own so that I can use it in competitions at other venues.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated as I would like to get more serious and involved in competitive shootiing.

Kind Regards
    Lee Fairless

Lee if you have been classified as SH1 then you are not permitted to use a spring stand. Spring stands of differing resistance are only allowed in the SH2 category. You can find details of permitted equipment here from page 20 onwards.

If necessary I can put you in touch with an ISSF Coach in the Midlands with a great deal of experience in disabled shooting.

Rutty

Red face Reply concerning my SH1 classification & permitted equipment/stands etc

Hi Rutty,

Many thanks for your most helpful reply.

I have read the rules but I am still slightly confused as to the exact equipment I may use.

If you could send me the name of the ISSF Coach I would be deeply grateful.

I have MS and shoot whilst sitting in my wheelchair. I am unable to hold to gun for long periods so I currently rest the gun on a sponge mounted stand.

I desberately need to talk to this coach as I would likle to compete competitively but within the correct regulations.

I curently shoot at Sutton Coldfield & Kibworth but there is little advice as to the exact requirements for disabled shooters!

Thanks for your email though, I look forward to contacting the coach for further advice.
    Kind regards
    Lee

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Les
    Rutty is correct that you can't use a stand but its also depending on the SH1 degree of classification as you are also limited to the height of the back rest, SH1A for example is no back rest on the chair.
    You will have to do an assessment to get officialy catogorised and then get an exemption cert.

Although I have no experience of this other than recently we had disabled shooters who wished to shoot in the postal county team, ours were not eligable as they were SH2, under NSRA rules only SH1A is allowed to shoot against and with able bodied shooters in postal and live shoots.
    Best of Luck,
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?