Thread: Brocock Grand Prix parts

Brocock Grand Prix parts

Hi chaps, just bought a second hand Brocock Grand Prix .22 to go with my AA 410. Absolutely love the pistol, easy load, good hold and very accurate (I'm the weak point).

Looked around the dealers and forums and can't find anything dedicated to Brocock in the way of parts listings, spares, upgrades etc. What am I missing? Brococks own website is minimalist to say the least, not even a brochure with full tech specs or manual (gun did come with a a manual) I'm an engineer by training and tinkerer by nature and my AA is well catered for many independents but Brocock seems to be lost somewhere.

Any comments?

Robt

Sheffieldairrifles are big in Brocock, and Solware, may have something on their web page

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    If you know the part number, or get to speak to the right person, you can order spares from Brocock direct. I have ordered indexing pawls for an Umarex 1911 from them before.

Brocock aren't the greatest at selling themselves or providing information unfortunately.
    Good deals with these members

Brocock spares

Hi eyebull, thanks for response but that was the point of my question, there does not seem to be anywhere you can get a spare part listing. I have emailed Brocock for one and as yet received no response.

Since original post my wife knocked my 4 day old gun onto the floor and broke the stock in half, she is currently in hiding somewhere.

Will be calling Brocock on Monday to see about a new stock, my gun seems to be quite old, serial number 5070 and guys at my clubs tell me the new stocks are not as comfortable as the old ones, again, any comments?

RobT

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    If you know the part number, or get to speak to the right person, you can order spares from Brocock direct. I have ordered indexing pawls for an Umarex 1911 from them before.

Brocock aren't the greatest at selling themselves or providing information unfortunately.

Brocock's answer

Spoke to Brocock on Monday & Tuesday, quoted £95 for a new stock and they do not provide spare parts listings to end users as they consider that too many people try to service their own guns, make a mess of it and send the results back to them for recovery.
    A little bit patronising as there must be plenty of mechanically capable people out there who could safely work on their own gun.

Turns out my previously unmarked, mint condition gun is about 5 years old, why would someone buy a gun like this and stick it in the cupboard?

RobT

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Spoke to Brocock on Monday & Tuesday, quoted £95 for a new stock and they do not provide spare parts listings to end users as they consider that too many people try to service their own guns, make a mess of it and send the results back to them for recovery.
    A little bit patronising as there must be plenty of mechanically capable people out there who could safely work on their own gun.

Turns out my previously unmarked, mint condition gun is about 5 years old, why would someone buy a gun like this and stick it in the cupboard?

RobT
    Probably to stop their wife breaking it!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Probably to stop their wife breaking it!

Cheers

John
    Sorry robt, but this made me LOL

If you know a friendly gunsmith or RFD, they may be able to order the parts on your behalf?
    Good deals with these members