Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio magazine plugs?

jalan01 Guest

Tanfoglio magazine plugs?

Anyone know where I can get hold of the big black screw in plugs that secure the Co2 bulb in the Tanfoglio Custom/Gold custom race pistols.. I had a spare with each of the pistols when new - but lost them both!

Spares for these guns, like replacement magazines, seem almost impossible to source in the UK.

It really does beg the question as consumers why we should put up with such service from suppliers.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I'm sure one of our resident machinists could knock you up something.
    Good deals with these members

How the hell do you lose them??? You don't need to take them out to change bulbs?

If you have one take it to a screw shop or fixings shop if you have one nearby, I am sure they will match it, I doubt its a custom made part.
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

jalan01 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shining_bullet View Post
    How the hell do you lose them??? You don't need to take them out to change bulbs?

If you have one take it to a screw shop or fixings shop if you have one nearby, I am sure they will match it, I doubt its a custom made part.
    You do have to take them out to change the bulb.. and it's very much a custom part - and badly made.. and it's the spares I've lost.. put them someplace safe when guns were new - and forgot where that was!! .. Now the originals are fecked.. stupid design, metal allen key fitting inside a plastic insert which wears quickly.. that's why they give you a spare with the gun - 'cos they know it's gonna fail.. tried to make my own but cannot match the thread in the mag, tried everywhere.
    Pisses me off when manufact's know about a weak design part, so rather than change it/fix it they just give you a spare one to hold you off a bit longer..

Is it a standard "cup point allen grub screw" like the Witness? If so try Googling this description.

Baz

Its not the same Baz.
    Big plastic job with a metal middle.
    Luckily I know where my spares are!

Quote Originally Posted by jalan01 View Post
    You do have to take them out to change the bulb.. and it's very much a custom part - and badly made.. and it's the spares I've lost.. put them someplace safe when guns were new - and forgot where that was!! .. Now the originals are fecked.. stupid design, metal allen key fitting inside a plastic insert which wears quickly.. that's why they give you a spare with the gun - 'cos they know it's gonna fail.. tried to make my own but cannot match the thread in the mag, tried everywhere.
    Pisses me off when manufact's know about a weak design part, so rather than change it/fix it they just give you a spare one to hold you off a bit longer..
    Sorry mate, thought it was the same as the witness which you only need to undo a few turns. (must learn to read properly before making stupid comment)

Sounds like an awesome design to force you to buy new mags to me
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

jalan01 Guest
    Sorry mate, thought it was the same as the witness which you only need to undo a few turns. (must learn to read properly before making stupid comment)

Sounds like an awesome design to force you to buy new mags to me
    no wurries and I would LOVE to buy more magazines!! but them is rarer than hen's teeth!.. found a spares kit now tho' which includes the offending plug.. in Greece!! http://www.greekairsoft.gr/eshop/pro...d_product=4449

jalan01 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Its not the same Baz.
    Big plastic job with a metal middle.
    Luckily I know where my spares are!
    It's an age thing

Quote Originally Posted by jalan01 View Post
    no wurries and I would LOVE to buy more magazines!! but them is rarer than hen's teeth!.. found a spares kit now tho' which includes the offending plug.. in Greece!! http://www.greekairsoft.gr/eshop/pro...d_product=4449
    I order mine from here. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Tanfoglio_CO2_Airsoft_Pistol_Magazine_Fits_Tanfogl io_Limited_Limited_Custom_Airsoft_Pistols/4207

T
    hink it took about 3-4 days to get here on priority shipping, I bought 4 as the postage is too high for just one, do it this way then you can sell a couple of them over here and everyone splits the postage cost.

Ian

jalan01 Guest
    I order mine from here. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Tanfoglio_CO2_Airsoft_Pistol_Magazine_Fits_Tanfogl io_Limited_Limited_Custom_Airsoft_Pistols/4207

T
    hink it took about 3-4 days to get here on priority shipping, I bought 4 as the postage is too high for just one, do it this way then you can sell a couple of them over here and everyone splits the postage cost.

Ian
    are these 6mm or 4.5mm?

I think these are 6mm, but if you need 4.5mm might be worth an email to them.

jalan01 Guest
    I think these are 6mm, but if you need 4.5mm might be worth an email to them.
    most likely 6mm.. a lot of stores have this size.. but I have tried almost every gun/airsoft site and shop on the planet over the last 3 months + the manufact's, distributors, everywhere! Can't get any in 4.5mm I had to buy a 2nd pistol just to have a spare mag!!

greek airsoft

re greek airsoft, I've used them for replacement mags for the standard TFW 1911. No problems, fast and all as described on the website. I've just googled "large grub screw' and been given more than a few options. Maybe adapt and off the shelf item?

Cheers

Binker

Edit; just read post 5 - how vexatious.
    Last edited by Binker; 07-08-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: didn't know as much as I thought I did