Thread: cp88

cp88

Hi guys just a quick question on the CP88 and similar pistols, when you load the 8 shot magazines do you push them in so that the skirt on the pellets is flush with the back of the mag or push them through so that the flat nose is level with the front of the mag.
    I love my country, but fear my government

Idealy, you want the skirts to be slightly further in than flush. As long as neither the skirts or the noses of the pellets protrude out of the mag you are good to go.
    Pete.

I always used to put the mag on a flat surface and use a seating tool (Bic biro) to push the pellets through, so the head of the pellet was flush with the front side of the mag.

Never had any jams, and all the pellets were at a uniformly consistent in depth in the mag. As the member above has stated - so long as nothing of the pellet is protruding you should be fine.

Agree with the gents above. An RWS Speedloader is a boon if dealing with multiple mags, but not essential. It basically houses the pellets in the mags then you use a push down section to seat the pellets just below flush- works a treat, but not cheap for several bits of plastic. If the pellets are "proud" at the skirt/head end, they can foul the mechanism. The humble bic biro is indeed a cheap alternative- I use one for my S&W mags that won't fit the Speedloader. For the PX4, its just down to seating the pellets with the thumb.

jalan01 Guest
    Have a word with Nick at MagicNine.. just started producing pellet seating tool specially for this..