Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A nice day out in gloucester to meet the Grahams

secretagentmole Guest
    I have posted it on a couple of angling forums and on Whitby Sea Anglers facebook page....

Well judging by a post made on a Facebook group it's come to fruition ....

Hi Gary

Just a quick email to let you know that David Graham was charged and remanded in police custody on 13th August. He attended Cheletneham Magistrates Court on 14th August where he finally saw sense and pleaded guilty to 8 counts of fraud.

He was sentenced to 26 weeks imprisonment, and is currently residing at her majesty's pleasure. The good news is that there will obviously be no trial, and therefore there is no requirement for yoi attend court. The bad news is that there appears to be no order for him to pay compensation, despite me placing a recommendation on the file. Which in a nutshell means that it is highly unlikely that you will be compensated for your losses.
    Welsh Born And Welsh Bred ..... And When I Die.... I'll Be Welsh Dead
    Learn from the book of D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F and remember, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyGun View Post
    Given the number of people he has ripped off, perhaps someone would complain that the sentence is unduly lenient?

Doug
    ... 'My Good Deals' - see >here<, post #538
    BASC
    >visit their website< & find out how to join

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TaffyGun View Post
    Have you got a link to that group?

secretagentmole Guest
    The good news is if you are one of the 8 he pleaded guilty to it is easier to get a small claims or county court judgement against him for your money back. If you are not one of the 8 you still stand a greater chance now he has pleaded guilty to 8 counts of fraud. Goes against his character somewhat....

These 8 counts where already pending before i got duped by him, there is still a seperate criminal investigation ongoing regarding the people who came forward from the Gunstar Advert.

looks like there are plenty more charges to come yet.

hope he likes porridge
    logun s-16, titan jb-1, career 707, daystate ph-6, webley tracker, original mod-45,20 cal, theoben e-type, bsa goldstar, air arms khamsin, bsa superten, theoben slr 98, theoben sirocco,blue streak 20 cal.

secretagentmole Guest
    Oh dear oh dear, I do hope they take their time so at the end of his custodial he can be re-arrested and returned to the prison....

Thats karma coming back to bite him very hard indeed in the ass. Hopefully not the only thing to be in, or around that area in the near future.

Imagine calling the police and getting arrested from your own call out. What a div!

Good to see all on the forums clamping down on this scum.

Just wish the term had been in years instead of weeks. But im sure a chap like that wont be out for long, just hope he doesnt rip off some other poor unsuspecting honest airgunner in the process.

Good on you dave, and all who assist in the arrest of scammers. We need more brave folks like this to stand up to this gutter trash.

26 weeks = 6 months = a ban from owning air guns for 5 years. It will be worth keeping an eye out for any adverts from him when he comes out. If he advertises any air guns then he is either selling a non existant gun (fraud again) or in posession illegally.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    26 weeks = 6 months = a ban from owning air guns for 5 years. It will be worth keeping an eye out for any adverts from him when he comes out. If he advertises any air guns then he is either selling a non existant gun (fraud again) or in posession illegally.
    For those who want to know more....

http://www.hampshire.police.uk/inter...al/air-weapons

Quote Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
    Today i visited the home address of the notorious David Graham.

A kind forum member on here agreed to come with me to give a positive id. (thanks Mike)

I have worked for Her Majestys Courts and tribunal service for the last 10 years as a legal aid/ criminal Crown Court Clerk so have dealt with thieves and disshonest individuals on a daily basis but never has it crossed over into my personal life until i got scammed by David graham last week.

on arrival at his property i knocked the door and was met by Mr David Graham in person, so i proceeded to ask for my money back.

At this he became quite irate and stated that he was the victim of poeple falsley accusing him of this recent bout of fraudulent activity, and he was completley inocent, i put some of my evidence to him and he dismissed it completley stating that there was a known fraudster in the area and even gave me a name.

he got very angry and said he was calling the police, and he surely did.

the police arrived, and the first question they asked me was "what has he been selling now" turns out he is very well known to them in the Cheltenham area.

he was already on bail for the offence of obtaining property by deception, and was duly arrested at the scene for breaching the terms of his bail by committing these new offences.

i have just made a very detailed statement at Tewksbury police station and given them all of my evidence.

PLEASE PLEASE if you have been done by him contact PC John Davies at Tewksbury station.

its looking like this one is in for a very long stretch indeed.

A huge thank you to all members of this forum for the valuable information you have supplied as he is now behind bars where he truly belongs!!!

Dave
    Nice One! Well done & so he should be!

Result!

Great work hopefully this has gave mr graham something to think about

Hurrah! Well done to both of you for taking this one step further.

Mark

Unfortunately, once released from his incarceration he will no doubt offend again and in very short order. People like him are addicted to the thrill of getting something for nothing. You can bet your last 10p that he doesn't feel the slightest remorse for ripping good people off.
    Shoot first. It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.